- Brand Name:MundoVino, a member of The Winebow Group
- Location: Glen Allen, Virginia 23059
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Distributor
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Wine
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: SVP, MundoVino
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
The Winebow Group, headquartered in Glen Allen, Virginia, is one of the nation's leading distributors of fine wine and craft spirits. We are currently seeking a results-oriented leader with a successful track record for a VP, Portfolio Management Position. This position will work out of our Glen Allen, VA Corporate office, and be responsible for planning and executing National growth strategies and provide strategic leadership and direction to the Sales team on portfolio matters.
The Vice President of Portfolio Management oversees pricing along with the Sales VP, promotion and composition of the portfolio. The VP Portfolio Management at MundoVino is responsible for day to day supplier relationships, including winery commercial planning for the US market and contract negotiations. The Vice President of Portfolio Management provides direction to key MundoVino external stakeholder groups, such as Marketing and National Accounts Imports and is responsible for promoting the portfolio internally, with Wholesale management and sales teams. The role is instrumental in developing, executing and monitoring results for annual Business Plans for all MundoVino suppliers, in coordination with the Sales VP and under direction of MundoVino’s General Manager.
- Acts as a strategic partner with the SVP; provides key leadership in the administrative, business and relationship aspects of MundoVino
- Oversees and directs the strategic development of MundoVino Portfolio. Reviews the portfolio make-up, making recommendations for additions, deletions, trades, etc.
- Along with the Category Managers, creates annual plan for each supplier. Conducts review meetings to include sales data, industry trends and action items.
- Establishes product pricing and updates pricing as necessary to maintain margins.
- Actively seeks new producers to add to the portfolio; Serves as a relationship builder for new suppliers.
- Develops actions plans to improve portfolio performance; executes those action plans.
- Builds, develops and manages a team capable of carrying out strategies.
- Works closely with the VP’s of Sales to ensure communication of strategies.
- Ensures that the Corporate Strategic Planning is conducted in conjunction with SVP of MV.
- Responsible for staffing, staffing planning, conducting performance appraisals on direct reports, budgeting, ensuring compliance with training requirements, developing direct reports and controlling division expenditures.
- Helps to ensures that department conduct operations in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations, as well as standards set forth by membership and certification in various professional organizations.
- Promotes a positive professional image of The Winebow Group, internally and externally.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
1. Performs other, relevant duties as assigned.
2. Conducts all activities and behaviors in accordance with The Winebow Group’s Mission and Employee Regulations.
3. Trains staff on and follows all safety policies and procedures; actively makes improvements to processes to ensure highest level of safety; reports all accidents to the appropriate group.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred, but not required.
- 12+ years of experience in the fine wine industry.
- 7+ years of experience in managing direct reports.
- Exceptional knowledge of fine wine.
- Excellent oral, written and verbal communication skills.
- Spanish language proficiency is highly desirable
- Highly proficient with MS Office
- Valid Driver’s License.
about The Winebow Group
The Winebow Group comprises national importer and distribution houses that offer comprehensive portfolios of fine wine and spirits from around the world.
The company represents some of the most established, family-owned properties in prominent growing areas, as well as a new generation of winemakers and distillers who are dedicated to innovation and quality.
Led by President and CEO David Townsend, The Winebow Group was created in 2014 with the merger of two prominent industry forces, The Vintner Group and Winebow. Both companies were founded in 1980, grew significantly in recent years, and shared a common culture based on passion, knowledge and outstanding customer service.
By bringing together the best resources and the best practices of each company, The Winebow Group’s financial strength, operational expertise, extended reach, and focus on education provide a unique platform and an unprecedented level of service in the fine wine and spirits sector.
The concept behind The Winebow Group name reflects the coming together of The Vintner Group and Winebow to create a new, unified identity. While the name maintains the legacy of Winebow, it also communicates the concept behind The Vintner Group of bringing together a variety of entities to form a larger group that shares core values and practices.