- Location: Dallas, Texas 75202
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Importer
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: EVP Sales
- # of Direct Reports: 3
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits currently seeks a VP National Accounts On Premise who possesses the below:
The position is responsible for performance and development of the entire Deutsch Family portfolio in national and regional on premise chains through the management of 1 Regional On-Premise Chain Manager, 1 Sr Manager National Accounts On-Premise and 1 Manager National Accounts On-Premise. The Vice President roles owns the development and implementation of the national and regional on premise chain strategic plan along with the development of a high performance selling organization. This role leverages and integrates the business intelligence function to drive fact-based selling along with building a team effective in providing channel insights that further endears the Deutsch organization with our on-premise chain partners that results in the delivery of our financial targets along DFWS mandated distribution gains.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage, develop and coach national and regional on premise chain managers to ensure annual plan delivery.
- Oversee the development of annual account business plans. Leverage Business Intelligence insights and marketing tools to ensure plans deliver distribution and depletion gains.
- Penetrate key account decision makers to support the development of collaborative plans that mutually grow our revenue, trial and traffic.
- Develop and implement priority account top-to-top strategies that serve to remove barriers for growth and extends our account relationships
- Leverage resources to prioritize business development opportunities, identify levers for future growth, and ensure the team develops tactical plans to drive volume though:
- Work cross-functionally with DVP’s and RM’s in the local markets to ensure alignment, implementation and compliance of national and regional on premise chain customer beverage programs
Build relationships with key wholesaler NAOP and Regional On-premise teams to leverage relationships and ensure higher visibility of DFWS portfolio with our on-premise chain retailers
- Ensure processes are established to monitor and improve execution/compliance of mandated and optional beverage programs
- Monitor the channel environment and be the expert on trends and developments as it relates to consumer insights, future growth, and new selling ideas
- Responsible for directly managing 15 to 30 National Account Customers.
- Deliver Annual Financial Plan including depleted case goal
- Manage account spending to budget assigned on a case rate basis
- Drive improved ROI on investment plans
- Manage T&E spend within budget and guidelines.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
Experience and Skills:
- Outstanding leadership; ability to inspire and lead others to excellence
- 8 -10 years’ national account on-premise sales experience
- Successful track record (3-5 years) in managing people/team
- Beverage alcohol experience strongly preferred
- Must possess solid knowledge of on-premise channel with strong analytical skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Solid computer skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Travel Requirements: Role requires 60-70% travel
about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons, Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Bubbles, Peter Lehmann; California: Eppa SupraFruta Sangria, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Kunde Family Estate, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils, Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Spain: Mar De Frades, Cruz de Alba, and Ramon Bilbao Vinos Y Vinedo; Argentina: Ruta 22, and award-winning spirits from LUKSUSOWA Vodka (Poland), VILLA MASSA® Limoncello (Italy), LICOR 43® (Spain) and REDEMPTION Whiskey (U.S.A.).
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits at www.deutschfamily.com