- Brand Name:New Belgium Brewing Co
- Location: Fort Collins, Colorado 80524
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Marketing
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: CEO
- # of Direct Reports: 8
The Vice President of Marketing will inspire, inform and lead the New Belgium Brewing Marketing Department and the growing community of New Belgium Brewing brand ambassadors who enjoy making, selling and drinking NBB's great beers. The VP of Marketing reports to the CEO and will join NBB’s top management team which guides the team to continue New Belgium’s journey as an amazing lifestyle brand that beer aficionados respect and consumers love.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Plans and directs all aspects of our branding and marketing practices including strategy, tactics and budgets. Identifies changes in the competitive environment and evaluates, adjusts, or redrafts.
our plans and brand philosophy accordingly.
- Provides strategic leadership for brand architecture, portfolio, positioning, and pricing strategies.
- Leverages ongoing customer research and uses analytics, product research and marketplace segmentation to inform innovations and future business decisions.
- Acknowledges the tension between annual business plan targets and long-term brand building – and works to achieve both business goals.
- Manages, mentors and grows a successful marketing organization.
- Develops and manages KPI’s that reflect the goals of the organization.
- Works closely with the Sales team to develop and execute multi-channel, multi-audience programs for all of the New Belgium brands.
- Plays an integral role in the Sales process, joining sales leadership on key customer calls.
- Communicates regularly with all areas of our company. Is a leader in our high involvement culture.
Desired Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- 10+ years of a successful track record leading and growing a marketing team.
- Experience presenting with sales to top retail customers (e.g. Walmart, Kroger, Costco).
- Previous experience as an executive owning the revenue line of a high-profile lifestyle
brand or growth company.
- Demonstrated ability to set aggressive goals and exceed them.
- Resourceful and proactive in identifying problems and finding solutions.
- Ability to comfortably handle multiple high profile situations simultaneously.
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Great culture fit - values driven, consumer focused, collaborative yet decisive, empathetic, and team-oriented.
- Strong philosophical bias toward proving that business can be a force for good.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial company.
- Strategic about brand building: understands the balance of iconic and attractive brand building with revenue generation so that marketing activities have a strong ROI.
- Experience with building a strong affinity with customers (beer drinkers, bar tenders, gatekeepers distributors, retailers…) to build long-term relationships.
- Preferably has worked in an industry that’s had significant competitive pressures.
- Preferably has experience selling through a distributor model either in beer/wine/spirits or in a Coke or Pepsi-like bottler environment.
about New Belgium Brewing Company
New Belgium Brewing Company, makers of Fat Amber Ale and other Belgian-inspired beers, began operations in a tiny Fort Collins basement in 1991. Today, the third largest craft brewer in the U.S., New Belgium produces seven year-round beers. In addition to producing world-class beers, New Belgium takes pride in being a responsible corporate role model with progressive programs such as employee ownership, open book management and a commitment to environmental stewardship. www.newbelgium.com.