- Brand Name:Oskar Blues
- Location: Los Angeles, California 90001
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Beer
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Market Manager
- # of Direct Reports: 0
- Base Pay: Commensurate Based on Experience
- Bonus: Potential of up to 15% of base
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement Plan, Vehicle Allowance
The ideal candidate will have the ability to discuss and negotiate sales/distribution programs and initiatives with distributors and retailers. Will lead by example in the trade and be the primary sales contact for all things OB in the assigned territory. It is also important for candidates to be extremely goal-oriented and driven to win. A passion for craft beer, knowledge of, or desire to learn, the business of beer and a general understanding of how beer flows through the three-tier system are necessities. Preference will be given to candidates who currently live within the geography for which the position is posted for and who have prior beer sales experience with either a distributor or beverage supplier.
Interested candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Previous Beer Distributor or Beer Supplier experience is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the 3-tier system with the ability to balance between the demands of wholesaler management and retail execution.
- Multi-tasking, self-starter with a strong desire and ability to execute and win.
- Ability to pre-plan on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and consistently execute plans in a timely manner.
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks on time and independently.
- Healthy knowledge and appreciation of craft beer and the beer industry.
- Proven reliability and consistent, strong work ethic.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Technologically adept with the ability and understanding of how to utilize tools such as MS Excel, MS Power Point and Sales Data Reporting Software.
- Strong desire to grow professionally with the company and willingness to learn new skills
about Oskar Blues Brewery
Founded by Dale Katechis in 1997 as a brewpub and grill, Oskar Blues Brewery launched its craft-brewed beer canning operations in 2002 in Lyons, Colo. It was the first American craft brewery to brew and hand-can its beer. Today there are close to 500 craft breweries canning beer. The original crew used a hand-canning line on a tabletop machine that sealed one can at a time. Oskar Blues Brewery in Longmont packaged 59,000 in 2011 and grew to 85,750 in 2012 while opening an additional brewery in Brevard, NC, in late 2012. Oskar Blues shipped approximately 200K BBL in 2016 and is currently distributed in all 50 states in the US and 10 countries internationally.