- Location: Boston, Massachusetts 02110
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Distributor
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Regional Manager of the New England Region
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
The Winebow Group, a prestigious importer, and distributor of premium wines and craft spirits from around the world, seeks a Territory Manager for our Leonardo LoCascio Selections (LLS) Portfolio which imports wines from Italy. This position will be based in southern New England and will be responsible for working the Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island markets. This position will report to the Regional Manager of the New England Region.
- Managing and achieving sales and distribution goals throughout southern New England with our integrated and 3rd party distributors.
- Devoting 80% of time to sales and market activities, working with distributor sales reps, sales managers and calling on key accounts.
- Ensuring new distribution within a targeted account base both on and off premise.
- Working independently in the market, building on established account business while creating new relationships.
- Working certain nights per week and some weekends, visiting on premise accounts, hosting events and participating in tastings.
- Providing the Regional Manager with updates on sales accomplishments and activities.
- Assisting the Regional Manager in building, executing and reviewing quarterly programs.
- Conducting wine education seminars, sales meetings and portfolio tastings for distributor sales forces, members of the trade and consumers.
- Managing producer visits in the market and recapping these visits in a timely manner.
- Using the Diver application to review account sales and distribution activity, with a key focus on Performance to Goal depletions.Participating in and completing the mandated education requirements provided by The Winebow Group.
- Three plus years of experience working as a salesperson/manager for a wholesale distributor or a Supplier covering Southern New England.
- Strong familiarity with Italian wine regions, producers and suppliers.
- Superior knowledge of on and off premise accounts in Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island.
- Above average computer skills that include Microsoft Office and DI Diver application as well as other applicable computer programs.
- Strong writing/communication skills and ability to complete administrative requirements in a timely manner.
- Exceptional organizational skills to coordinate supplier/brand manager market visits, programs and events with a focus on high-end wine sales.
- Ability to travel to sales meetings and abroad as required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule depending upon the needs of your manager, distributors, and customers.
- Ability to spend 80% of the time on the road devoted to the company sales efforts.
- Ability to organize and manage the distribution of company point of sale, marketing, and PR materials.
- Adaptability to change focus as needed depending on senior management direction.
- Familiarity with social media tools and their applications to selling fine wine.
The Winebow Group offers a competitive salary with bonus potential, expense allowance, and a generous benefits package. ONLY RESUMES THAT INDICATE SALARY REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please include TM-MA/CT/RI in the subject line.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Winebow Group. Unfortunately, we will only be able to respond to those individuals whose background and work experience meet the requirements of our Territory Manager position.
The Winebow Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
about The Winebow Group
The Winebow Group comprises national importer and distribution houses that offer comprehensive portfolios of fine wine and spirits from around the world.
The company represents some of the most established, family-owned properties in prominent growing areas, as well as a new generation of winemakers and distillers who are dedicated to innovation and quality.
Led by President and CEO David Townsend, The Winebow Group was created in 2014 with the merger of two prominent industry forces, The Vintner Group and Winebow. Both companies were founded in 1980, grew significantly in recent years, and shared a common culture based on passion, knowledge and outstanding customer service.
By bringing together the best resources and the best practices of each company, The Winebow Group’s financial strength, operational expertise, extended reach, and focus on education provide a unique platform and an unprecedented level of service in the fine wine and spirits sector.
The concept behind The Winebow Group name reflects the coming together of The Vintner Group and Winebow to create a new, unified identity. While the name maintains the legacy of Winebow, it also communicates the concept behind The Vintner Group of bringing together a variety of entities to form a larger group that shares core values and practices.