- Location: New York City, New York 10004
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Teas
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
This position is to manage, oversee and develop a Kusmi Tea boutique to ensure sales objectives are achieved. The Store Manager is accountable for sales performance, focusing on growth and profitability, customer satisfaction, merchandising standards, product knowledge, store day-to-day operations and performing appropriate decision and actions which are in line with the company policies and guidelines.
- Takes proactive approach to self-development and actively gives/receives feedback through one-on-ones and coaching.
- Proactively assess and report business opportunities to drive store business.
- Drives local initiatives to build brand awareness, business development, and team engagement.
- Leverage tools and resources to exceed business objectives
- Exhibits pride through positive demeanor, body language, and personal presentation.
- Demonstrates professional etiquette through integrity, honesty, and respect for others.
- Effective scheduling by controlling wage expenses within allocated budget, adjusting and approving timecards on a timely basis.
- Effective managing workflow through planning and delegation.
- Handles and monitors cash, credit card transactions and banking in an appropriate and responsible manner.
- Oversees the maintenance of inventory accuracy by setting up regular cycle count and effective ordering.
- Fosters an inspiring environment for learning, coaching, modeling and training.
- Assesses strengths and opportunities of the team. Builds appropriate development plans and holds the team accountable for exceeding objectives, by providing immediate ongoing feedback.
- Takes proactive approach on team development by performing observations on the floor and creating active engagement with customers and team members.
- Manages employee turnover by contributing to a positive and harmonious work environment that encourages talent retention.
- Continuously networks and recruits to build talent.
Customer Experience and Brand Management
- Maintains visibility and leads by example on the selling floor to demonstrate Kusmi Tea’s approach to customer service
- Ensures an excellent level of customer service is a priority at all times.
- Implements all visual merchandising standards, directives, promotions, and overall cleanliness and organization of the sales floor and BOH.
- Captures meaningful customer data for the purpose of building future grow of the business and to ensure an active approach of CRM.
- Manages and organizes in-store events, partnerships and brand building activities.
- Creates a proactive selling culture that focuses on building long-term relationships with customers, through the conversion of walk-in / first-time customers into repeat and loyal clients.
- Ensures store environments are consistently compelling and creates engaging shopping experiences
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree - preferably in Business Management or Operations.
- Experience / Background: Between 3-5 years of retail customer service or sales operations experience.
- Strong analytical and strategic capabilities with experience in strategy/brand development, including brand positioning and brand building activities, and a proven track record of successful implementation.
- Demonstrated success in leading retail operations to achieve improved performance and profitability.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills with ability to influence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as outstanding aptitude for time management. Thoroughness, creativity, interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills as well as proficiencies in problem-solving, and the ability to multitask are requirements.
about Kusmi Tea
The premium international tea brand, born 1867 in Saint Petersburg and raised in Paris since 1917. Now distributed in specialty stores around the world. The company now has 69 stores in France, 30 abroad (USA, Canada, Germany, Italy, UK, Norway, Sweden, Czech Republic, Lebanon). The brand is distributed in 35 countries.