- Brand Name:Remy Martin, Cointreau, LOUIS XIII, Mount Gay Rum, Bruichladdich, Westland Distillery, The Botanist
- Location: Sacramento, California 94204
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Spirits
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Regional Sales Director
- # of Direct Reports: 3
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement Plan, Vehicle Allowance
The State Off-Premise Manager is responsible for contributing to the achievement of the Divisional profit and volume goals by working directly with the Distributor in the development, presentation, and implementation of all local Divisional marketing and sales programming. This role will primarily be responsible for the following:
– Manage all sales activity as it relates to the Off-Premise channel including but not limited to sales distribution, programming, sales activation, pricing and account management. Work with assigned distributor personnel to coordinate all activity related to the marketplace. Present in advance all sales programs to the Supplier Brand Manager and Director of Sales for activation. Work with Field Marketing Manager to insure validity before distributor presentation. Develop plans to meet or exceed all sales goals for the assigned territory.
– Work with key Supplier Brand Manager and Business Analyst to properly and efficiently manage and plan the price support budget. This will include insuring that all pricing is within current brand strategy. Track all price budgets, review and approve distributor invoices, and send to Admin Assistant for payment.
– Responsible for managing the local sales team to insure they are executing their assigned tasks of sales distribution, programming, account activation and support while coordinating the efforts with the distributor sales team, Primary point of contact for distributor sales meetings related to this channel.
– Assist the Regional Sales Director and Finance team in preparations for all distributor QBR’s, and lead the QBR in all secondary markets.
– Work with Field Marketing in the development and execution of all national programs as well as local planning meetings.
– Work closely with Regional Sales Director and Finance team in monthly forecasts to include direct responsibility for entering forecasts, mid months, and final flash reports. This would include assisting the Regional Sales Director with information related to competitive activity.
– Work closely with distributor Director of Sales to maximize business opportunities in specific key accounts. Market Managers and DSM’s will follow up with all program execution activity.
– Define and implement the sales program and measure the results throughout the process to completion. Execute all local market programming as validated in the Planning meeting via SAP. Working closely with Sales Managers to define a sales incentive by setting up the KPIs of the program, the time table and the cost). Work closely with the Field Marketing Director to ensure that the FPP calendars are properly maintained. Work with the Field Marketing Directing to ensure the proper use of Point of Sales, including managing the Point of Sales inventory within distributor warehouses.
– Gather relevant pricing and merchandising together with distributors to define the pricing strategy in order to ensure the delivery of the brand standards
– Drive the strategic monitoring and communication of competitive intelligence (evolution in the strategy of our competitors especially for pricing, innovation and new product releases) Set up action plans to meet KPIs and ensure compliance with all market visitor needs and coordinate results with Field Marketing
- Monitor and operate within price marketing and stated travelling budget
Work-related travel (some overnights) of up to 20% of total is required. May include nights and weekends.
· Deliver regular updates to brand marketing & sales on activation execution, local sales trends, and opportunities.
· Execution of brand programing and strategy as directed
· Monitor and formally report on competitors’ activities, key tools and success stories.
· Submit all reports, requests and correspondence within agreed time frame.
· Ensure relevant customer/consumer information is fed back to the line manager and Brand/Area Manager.
· Be responsible for company equipment and tools in their possession
· Work within established standards of performance and budgetary guidelines.
· Educate one self and attend necessary training to keep abreast of emerging trends.
· Perform any other job related duties as may be assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
· 5-7 Years of previous Sales experience, preferably in beverage alcohol with at least 2 years of experience directly managing people.
· An engaging personality with entrepreneurial drive
· Impact and Conviction – shared passions and philosophy
· Strong project management and organizational skills with an ability to work well and meet deadlines under pressure, keen attention to detail
· High energy, progressive, free thinker with the ability to function autonomously
· Excellent personal presentation and communication skills in all media, across a range of group sizes and to audiences of differing levels of knowledge and understanding. Fluent English required.
· Knowledge of the category and the company’s products in terms of history, key selling points etc.
· Craft spirits oriented
· Good commercial awareness and selling techniques/skills. Sales and marketing knowledge a plus
· Familiar with luxury consumer brands and marketing
· Proven ability to utilize consumer insights to drive brand essence and positioning.
· This role may require evening and weekend coverage on occasion – it is a full-time role with non-standard hours
about Remy Cointreau USA
In the world of wines and spirits, the Remy Cointreau Group is an unusually exclusive player, with a limited range of brands all positioned at the top end of their market – from the premium level upwards to the outer limits of quality and price.
The key to the ambition of Remy Cointreau is a truly extraordinary portfolio of brands: names like Louis XIII, Remy Martin, Cointreau, Metaxa, Bruichladdich and Mount Gay. Each one is a piece of history, and each is entirely beyond imitation.
The group’s upmarket strategy is developed by 1800 employees and applied to 160 countries.