- Brand Name:2 Towns Ciderhouse
- Location: Corvallis, Oregon 97333
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Manufacturer
- Categories: Finance/Accounting
- Beverages: Wine
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: CFO
- # of Direct Reports: 2
- Base Pay: 45,000
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement Plan
2 Towns Vision: We aspire to create craft cider that is accessible to the people, utilizing the most advanced cider making standards, and quality Northwest ingredients, without being afraid to do things a little differently. Much like our product, 2 Towns as a company is fun, unique, and filled with energy. Our crew makes what we do possible, and we are committed to fostering an environment of fairness, empowerment, and security.
Job Summary: The Staff Accountant is responsible for the general management of the Company's financial statement preparation, budgets, and regulatory reporting. This individual develops, proposes and executes financial plans; ensures federal and state compliance; maintains relationships with distributor and storage liaisons; collaborates with the Logistics Coordinator and the Bookkeeper and works closely with the CFO and CEO.
This individual must be self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented. 2 Towns values a positive team player that is willing to contribute to assist the crew and their various needs as they arise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
I. Reporting and Budgeting
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data as scheduled monthly as well as upon request by CFO and CEO.
- Create and format reports to assist CFO and CEO in tracking and managing cash flow, production, tax liability and tax adjustments.
- Work with CFO to prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans; corresponding with department managers.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by working with CFO to establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing department results as needed.
II. Ensure Compliance
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports.
- Attends workshops and reads regulatory updates to stay apprised of reporting and record keeping requirements.
- Prepare and pay monthly and annual excise tax returns for federal and state agencies.
- Review annual insurance audit forms. Prepare and file form 1099s.
III. Maintain Bookkeeping
- Review invoices and expense reports entered in ERP system by the bookkeeper.
- Record and prepare for deposit payments from customers.
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts monthly.
- Maintain chart of accounts; work with Bookkeeper to collect AR from customers, timely.
- Prepare credit applications, as needed.
- Monitor credit card activity for business credit card holders.
- Prepare suggested check runs to be reviewed by CFO.
- Record and reconcile monthly journal entries.
- Work with Head Cider Maker and Bookkeeper to approve Purchase Orders.
- Help various departments track and value inventory balances and values.
IV. Department Management
- Ensures department operational requirements are completed by following up with assigned staff's work results.
- Develops finance staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Maintains own professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, industry conferences, reviewing professional and industry publications, etc.
- Provide regular feedback on direct reports' work.
- Understand key financial and accounting concepts related to manufacturing and taxations.
- Participate in monthly all staff meetings.
- Follow all 2 Towns Safety procedures.
- Adhere to 2 Towns policies and procedures as described in the Employee Handbook at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Education and Experience: Four-year Business or related degree
- Four years experience in corporate accounting or tax accounting/preparation
- Experience with manufacturing chart of accounts
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be 21 or older
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Positive, outgoing personality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated attitude
- Excellent problem solving/analysis skills
- Ability to identify conflicts before they arise and troubleshoot, as needed
- Enthusiasm to work as part of a dynamic team
- Ability to work independently as well as with colleagues
- Ability to use SAP, Microsoft Suite, and Google Drive
- Ability to move 35-lb short distances by hand, as well as heavier amounts using a hand truck
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; walk; use hands to move cases, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear; visually count.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The majority of this position will operate in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Compensation and Benefits: 2 Towns Ciderhouse offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and qualifications. Benefits for full-time staff include health/dental insurance, 401(k), Paid Time Off, profit sharing bonus opportunities when applicable, 70% off product purchases, and quarterly merchandise stipend.
To apply, please submit: Your resume and cover letter that describes your previous accounting experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be considered. Please, no phone calls about this position.