- Location: Preston, Washington 98050
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Manufacturer
- Categories: Marketing
- Beverages: Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Brand Manager
- # of Direct Reports: 0
Talking Rain, the maker of Sparkling Ice, is looking for a Sr. Associate Brand Manager. This role will be empowered to manage integrated campaigns and product launches for their full life cycle—from scoping out category and consumer insights, developing products and campaignsto launching and measuring business and item performance. This is an amazing opportunity for an assertive, intellectually curious storyteller to engage in all elements of brand management.
- Manage end-to-end new product and line extension initiatives, coordinating with agency partners and internal teams.
- Lead cross-functional projects to ensure the successful launch of products and programs on time and within budget.
- Drive business growth through support and development of key marketing strategies leveraging:
- thoughtful consumer insights,
- thorough competitive and market analysis,
- analysis of emerging industry trends, and,
- detailed analysis of brand performance in the market.
- Build compelling integrated marketing launch plans to drive new product awareness and to achieve financial business objectives including dollar sales, volume, and share goals.
- Support the completion of insightful consumer research necessary in developing a high impact new product line-up. Identify key questions to be addressed and develop consumer research plan to develop recommendations..
- Craft compelling sell-in story presentations for top retailers, which include planning of for POS prototypes, sales samples and demos.
- Create sell-in materials, partnering with the field sales organization to manage launch execution.
- Manage timelines and drive execution for brand initiatives including packaging and product development, advertising, promotions, and sales collateral.
- Collaborate effectively across departments, regions, and channels to build relationships and gain a deep understanding of market needs from the perspectives of both consumers and customers.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Interaction and Environment
- Reports to: Brand Manager
- Direct Reports: N/A
Values and Traits
- High integrity, with the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, responding effectively to inquiries.
- Commitment to excellence with an exceptionally high attention to detail.
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks, requiring good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Positivity, approaching each situation with optimism and energy.
- Results drivenmindset, with the ability to interpret complex data, developing and communicating value-add solutions.
- Excellent communicator who can express ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in written form. Ability to leverage emotional intelligence to adapt style, vocabulary, and content to the audience, with effective active listening skills.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Marketing, or related field preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- One to three (1-3) years of brand management experience, IRi or Nielsen experience a plus.
- Three to five (3-5) years of marketing, sales, media, or agency experience.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with traditional trade channels: food, mass, club, and convenience.
- Understanding of the following areas: packaging, print and digital advertising, promotions, merchandising, trade marketing, sampling, B2C and customer marketing techniques, social media, and P&L management.
about Talking Rain
Founded in 1987 in Seattle, Washington, Talking Rain Beverage Company is an industry leader when it comes to creating and promoting brands using innovative ingredients and ideas.
Our innovative thinking carries over into the Sparkling Ice® beverage line, as we continue to devote extensive time in research and development to perfect the brand experience. Bold taste and bold refreshment, have made Sparkling Ice flavored water one of the fastest-growing non-alcoholic beverages in the country, and we were recently honored as Beverage World’s 2014 Liquid Refreshment Company of the Year.
Talking Rain has been committed to giving back to the community and partnering with cause related organizations since we first opened our doors in 1987 – supporting hundreds of nonprofits across the country.