- Location: Stamford, Connecticut 06901
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Importer
- Categories: Marketing
- Beverages: Wine
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: VP - Josh Cellars
- # of Direct Reports: 1
Would you like to help turn one of the fastest growing and most disruptive wine brands into a true icon of the beverage business?
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits’ Stamford office is currently seeking a Senior Brand Manager to work on its top performing Josh Cellars Wine brand.
Reporting to the VP Josh Cellars, the Senior Brand Manager – Josh Cellars (SBM) will function as the consumer champion of the brand, helping to deliver the consumer driven strategy on the brand. The SBM will be responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the most critical strategic consumer-marketing activities to enhance the growth and profitability of the brand while building a brand that has deep meaning for consumers and a resonant voice in popular culture.
BS/BA degree, preferably in Marketing or Communications.
Minimum of 7 years’ experience in brand management with a heavy focus on communications development
Deep and instinctive understanding of what works for the consumer in shaping competition beating creative ideas and execution.
Proven success in building high performance agency relationships. Able to mobilize agencies around an inspiring vision and grounded focused briefs/feedback.
Holds themselves and others to the highest standards of quality in creation and execution
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
Excellent project management skills
Strong analytic skills and financial acumen (can readily identify insights in ships/deps/consumption data and translate to action;), ensures all their solutions are rooted in commercial viability
Excellent command presence as well as polished active listening skills.
Able to operate with significant autonomy and influence with functions and entities that work closely with the brand team and all levels of the organization and the distributor network
- Development and delivery of brand communications including digital video content, paid social, social influencer content and traditional advertising
- Development of brand visual identity that creates unique and distinctive brand assets and ensures consistent coherent communication across the marketing mix
- Develop the brand’s Social/Digital/Search/ E-commerce strategy to ensure the brand keeps pace with the everchanging digital/social/mobile landscape and can leverage these mediums to build relevance and drive sales
- Lead On-Premise maximization platform to ensure Josh becomes leading brand in buy the glass placements by partnering with sales to identify and spin best practice selling approaches and tactics.
- Measurement and Evaluation of all marketing activity to determine ROI and effectiveness of activity and help the organization understand how activity builds long term brand meaning and uniqueness
- Interface on a consistent basis with Sales, Finance, and Operations to align the consumer driven strategy and marketing activity in the plan, rapidly identify opportunities and challenges and take appropriate action as warranted
about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons, Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Bubbles, Peter Lehmann; California: Eppa SupraFruta Sangria, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Kunde Family Estate, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils, Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Spain: Mar De Frades, Cruz de Alba, and Ramon Bilbao Vinos Y Vinedo; Argentina: Ruta 22, and award-winning spirits from LUKSUSOWA Vodka (Poland), VILLA MASSA® Limoncello (Italy), LICOR 43® (Spain) and REDEMPTION Whiskey (U.S.A.).
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits at www.deutschfamily.com