- Location: Elizabeth, New Jersey 07202
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Education/Training
- Beverages: Spirits
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: State Manager, NJ
- # of Direct Reports: 6 Hive Reps, 1 Hive Program Coordinator
Team Training & Development
- Serve as coach and leader to Swarm Team, ensuring they progress in their roles, preparing them for future Brown-Forman opportunities
- Hire, train, manage and motivate entry-level sales personnel into the Swarm Training Program.
- Work closely with HR and D&I teams to ensure program expectations are met
- Utilize Targeted Selection Interviewing Program in selecting and hiring candidates.
- Adhere to structured 30/60/90/120 day on-boarding process to introduce new hires to B-F process, NJ dynamics, reporting systems and B-F way of selling.
- Utilize the 70/20/10 training model for training & development
- Design training program and develop quarterly Coaching Plans to align Associates’ performance with B-F’s goals.
- Implement and execute field work-withs (2-3 days per week) and monthly sales and training meetings to accomplish the primary goal of the Training Program: Field Execution & Market Manager Training.
- Ensure a channel rotation for all team members to provide them with a broad training experience that will ensure a well-rounded skill set for future roles
- Coordinate and train on the Brown-Forman Sales Process, U.S. Supplier/Distributor Relations, Sales Promotions, National & Local Marketing objectives, and Financial & Profitability management.
- Train and effectively utilize Account Managers in the On- and Off-Premise to achieve brand standards across the B-F portfolio.
- Monitor business performance of team through frequent engagement and standardized performance reviews
- Ensure training and usage of Sales Force for all account calls, surveys, monthly business objectives and performance evaluation
- Work closely with Sales Process Manager to develop formal training curriculum and developmental opportunities/training specific to each team member
- Oversight of Warehouse Manager (in conjunction with Hive Managing Director) to track & manage materials in the POS warehouse
- Work directly with the State Manager to seek out opportunities for learning & development (participation in distributor meetings where appropriate, development of sales tools, GSM decks and other project work as appropriate)
Collaboration & Communication
- Coordinate with the NJ State Manager, On- and Off-Premise Market Managers, and Distributor Manager to achieve state goals.
- Work directly with Market Managers to align on monthly channel priorities and development of measurable business metrics
- Develop and maintain professional partnerships with Hive Management, B-F Distributors, and Retail Customers to ensure the successful execution of B-F strategies, initiatives, and guidelines relating to the Swarm Program Associates
- Champion of program and talent across network to drive visibility of accomplishment and career progression
- Manage the Swarm team to execute against distributor & local requests for account support, special events, promotional execution, POS management/utilization and other market needs across NJ
- Manage the Program Coordinator to engage with all distributor houses to ensure top-notch execution of all promotional activity
- Recruit & train a robust team of Promotional Ambassadors who properly represent B-F brands
- Manage the materials & budget allocated for promotional activity
- Oversight of Swarm Agency program which includes management of contract, personnel, including their brand activities and budget management.
- Applying responsible conduct and behavior to all things that affect our company, products, distributor, customers and agency
- Ensure proper & responsible usage of all technology, vehicles and B-F systems
- Interface with distributor managers and sales reps to manage against program allocations for each house, display bookings, POS requests and any special event activity
- Manage budget to maximize efficiencies & resources
Please Note: The Following Requirements Must Be Met Or Applicants Will Not Be Considered:
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree plus 5-7 years sales experience (Beverage Alcohol Industry preferred), or 9-11 years of sales experience within Beverage Alcohol Industry; direct people management experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors and accounts and all internal stakeholders.
- Excellent manager and developer of people: demonstrated commitment to providing regular, constructive feedback to business partners; demonstrated coaching ability; ability to objectively assess both skills and potential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of on- and off-premise business and three-tier distribution system
- Demonstrated ability to create, control, and maintain financial and/or business analyses, including budgets.
- Highly organized: capable of meeting multiple deadlines and juggling multiple projects.
- Literate with word processing programs (such as Word), spreadsheet programs (such as Excel), and presentation programs (such as PowerPoint).
- Must be able and willing to travel (by air and car) up to 50% of the time.
- Must have valid state driver’s license.
His original brand, Old Forester Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky, was America’s first bottled bourbon and remains one of Brown-Forman’s finest brands today. Geo. Garvin Brown IV, a descendant of the founder, is part of the 5th generation of Brown Family members engaged with Brown-Forman, a publicly traded, family-controlled company, and serves as the presiding Chairman of the Board.
Brown-Forman employs more than 4,600 people worldwide with about 1,300 located in Louisville. Brown-Forman, one of the largest American-owned spirits and wine companies and among the top 10 largest global spirits companies, to sells its brands in countries around the world and has offices in cities across the globe. In all, Brown-Forman has more than 25 brands in its portfolio of wines and spirits.