- Location: Richmond, Virginia 23218
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Beer
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: State Manager
- # of Direct Reports: 0
The Sales Representative- Richmond, is an exciting ENTRY LEVEL role within the organization. We are looking for exceptional junior level talent to grow with our Sales team. The right individual will be tasked with continuing to build the regional account base, while also targeting new accounts. You will be the face of Bold Rock Hard Cider in the market and will be responsible for driving company initiatives locally.
Primary Purpose of Role:
- Sell Distribution/Programs into retail on and off premise accounts.
- Cold Call accounts where Bold Rock sales can be maximized.
- To be active in the market and interact with distributor partners and the Bold Rock sales team.
- To seek out and maximize all opportunities to promote Bold Rock.
- Set up and deliver tastings/pint nights/features/etc.
- Provide valuable written feedback to Bold Rock
- Work Festivals/Events in territory to promote brand awareness
The ideal candidate will live in the Richmond,VA area!
- All Bold Rock Staff
- Distributor Sales Reps and Managers
- Key Accounts
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Stock is rotating.
- Increasing distribution.
- Prominent displays, facings and positioning.
- Gain access to critical distributor reports that show distribution increases, volume, sales by rep, etc.
- Build relationships with Sales Reps.
- Understands distributor protocols.
- Attends distributor sales meetings.
- Plans ride-a-longs and trade visits to add value.
- Plans and executes promotions.
- Plans and executes festivals and tastings as per agreed strategies.
- Builds small competent part time team for tastings and festivals.
- Get distributor sales reports to evaluate trends/distribution/lost accounts/etc.
- Learns store protocols.
- Builds relationships with Key Account Managers, Buyers and Category Supervisors.
- Helps plan and execute various in store or in bar promotions.
- Prepare calendar of appointments, trade visits and festivals for at least 2 months at a time.
- Complete daily record of activity and accomplishments.
- Complete Months summary of all activity including issues, trends, volume and distribution increases in your territory.
- Although the tasks above will remain your core responsibilities from time to time you will be required to assist in other areas of the Company’s business.
Key Challenges in Achieving Goal(s):
- The need to manage multiple demands.
- The need to learn quickly and be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Being accurate and taking care and pride with all you do.
- Ability to manage time.
- Ability to plan and execute agreed strategy and promotional activity.
- Pro-active in seeking out new opportunities to promote Bold Rock.
- Ability to form good relationships with Sales teams and customers and retail Staff.
- Ability to keep accurate records and reports.
- 0-2 years experience in sales and/or hospitality.
- This is an ENTRY LEVEL ROLE. Candidates with fewer than 5 years of experience are preferred.
- Planning experience and accuracy with reports and records preferred.
Key Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to act effectively as part of the organization, presenting a professional image and friendly manner at all times.
- Good communication skills –including reporting.
- Ability to manage multiple demands without compromising quality and timeliness.
- The ability to work effectively with others at all levels.
- Willingness to take responsibility for own work and behavior.
- Must be physically fit.
- A practical hands on approach to your work.
- Disciplines of attention to detail and accurate recording
- Enthusiasm and the desire to succeed.
about Bold Rock Partners LP
Bold Rock Hard Cider is an exciting, rapidly-growing craft cidery founded in Virginia, but expanding to serve its growing fanbase. The Company is very well-known within Virginia where it now holds a prominent market position and it is gaining traction within adjacent markets. We now have a second cidery location in Mills River, NC.
Our hard cider product for which Bold Rock is renown is smooth, fruit forward and offers a clean finish—a beloved combination for a growing segment of clients electing to drink hard cider over beer.
The Company was founded in the rural hamlet of Nellysford, Virginia—deep in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains—and near other prominent Virginia beer breweries. Upon the initiative of John Washburn and his partner Brian Shanks, a dream of using fresh, local apples to form a special family of ciders made carefully each day began in June, 2012. Today, the first and very modest cider barn in Nellysford has given way to a beautifully rustic timber-frame cidery and taprooms where both long-devoted and new cider drinkers can watch cider makers crushing local apples and crafting award-winning Bold Rock Hard Cider while “Drinking in the Scenery.”