- Location: Los Angeles, California 90015
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Importer
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Wine
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
Job DescriptionINVOER is a small New York-based importer. We curate a selection of unique and creative wines from around the world to provide comprehensive service for discerning retailers, restaurateurs, and hoteliers. We specialize in wines from the Simonsberg appellation in South Africa which has made some of the country's finest wine dating back to the late 17th century, while also curating a selection of French and Spanish wines, with plans to grow our portfolio.
We are looking for a salesperson to join our team of two east coast-based salespeople to serve customers across Los Angeles and surrounding areas. This is the perfect job for someone with a flexible schedule looking to gain exposure in the luxury goods and wine industries and who is willing to do the hard work needed to establish new brands in the market. You will be responsible for presenting our small portfolio of wines to potential customers such as wine shops, restaurants, hotels, and bars and following up with sales leads to attract and retain customers and solicit orders.
- Strategize and preplan on how best to achieve sales and merchandising objectives by understanding company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis and maintaining accurate historical account purchase information.
- Calls on accounts and covers daily routes by creating an established and efficient routing pattern.
- Analyzes entire account base by visiting each account and identifying opportunities; completes all necessary surveys and ensures national account compliance where applicable.
- Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company’s priorities and customers’ needs to include selling display ideas, new products, cold box, shelf, well and back bar placements and resets, drink and wine lists, and promotions.
- Understands and works with management on inventory levels by being aware of current inventory and out of stock situations and by alerting management to possible fluctuations in demand
- Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- Maintains product levels in accounts by taking inventory and restocking shelves (where legally permissible).
- Obtains payments for company by collecting and delivering checks or other remittance from accounts where legally permissible.
- Educates account staff on priority brands by administering educational staff training seminars.
- Supports account openings by developing opening orders for new accounts in collaboration with Field Sales Manager.
- Manages customer account receivables by timely processing of credits and returns and communicating with accounts on aged receivables.
- Services accounts by delivering products to customers in extenuating circumstances, handling customer issues and complaints and referring these issues, as appropriate to management.
- Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in effective supplier work with sales calls, and sales blitzes.
- Remains informed of company/supplier activities and updates by attending and actively participating in weekly sales meetings.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publication and establishing personal networks.
- Organize on-premise sales team meetings on a monthly basis to communicate brand strategies, upcoming objectives, and exchange ideas and share opportunities to promote brands into top accounts.
- Work in conjunction with Marketing Department to assist with the planning and execution of creative, local events that increase the presence and visibility of all brands within the target market.
- Look for opportunities to expand brand visibility via special events within the local market.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of the greater Los Angeles area.
- Minimum 1-year of both off and on-premise beverage sales experience.
- Passion for the fine wine industry and the want to grow with our company.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with distributors and accounts.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
- Proficient in various computer skills such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel at least 60% of the time to meet job requirements
- Ability to drive.
We import fine wine from from South Africa, France, and Spain. Founded and managed by wine producers, we strive to source wines that exhibit elegance, drinkability, and respect for terroir.
Our South African wines include some of the country's most respected producers in the Simonsberg, Stellenbosch, and Swartland appellations, regarded as some of the country's most notable viticultural areas.
We provide comprehensive service for discerning retailers, restauranteurs, and hoteliers in New York, New Jersey, and California. Our wines are also available through distributor partners in the District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, and Virginia. We are able to ship wines from our climate-controlled storage facility to all 50 states.