- Brand Name:Sparkling Ice
- Location: New York City, New York 10001
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Manufacturer
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Market Manager
- # of Direct Reports: 0
Talking Rain, the maker of Sparkling Ice, is looking for a Sales Representative to lead sales growth in the New York area. This role will develop a “street level” marketplace with proactive and solution based team approach to increase sales and revenue growth in collaboration with our distributor and retail partners. This is an excellent opportunity for a result driven team member looking to make a direct impact.
- Build relationships and rapport with distributors, retailers and customers, providing excellent customer service, and maintaining localized customer relations with customer base.
- Serve as a flexible partner with distributors in your region, executing distributor sales incentives by establishing routine ride alongs, and assisting Sales Managers with sales calls in order to keep orders on track.
- Continually monitor distributor inventory for proper levels.
- Recommend changes in pricing, products, services, distribution, merchandising equipment, and techniques by evaluating results and competitive trends developments.
- Focus sales efforts by studying existing and potential volumes of targeted distribution channels and creating avenues to increase volume.
- Maintain displays, and great customer rapport—filling walk-in and stand-alone coolers and dry shelves with product, ensuring proper product rotation is maintained at all times, and that all back stock areas are clean and organized.
- Sell in and build in store displays in stores and maintain POS as needed.
- Prepare and deliver Sales presentations on new products to existing customers and distributors, providing product information and tips on sales techniques, distribution, as well as volume driven programs.
- In conjunction with the Market Manager, develop annual budget, monitoring throughout the year for opportunities for greater efficiency and cost reduction.
- Provide month-end variance reports and explanations for actual expenses vs. budget.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate supervisor of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: Market Manager
Direct Reports: None
- High integrity, with the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, responding effectively to inquiries.
- Commitment to excellence with an exceptionally high attention to detail.
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team with individuals and groups at all organization levels.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment, requiring the ability to appropriately manage your time, often while multitasking.
- A high degree of flexibility and the ability to work effectively across multiple departments and/or business units.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data and deliver relevant information to enable results driven decision-making, and achievement of strategic and operational goals.
- Positivity, approaching each situation with optimism and energy.
- Purpose driven with excellent time management and organizational skills, balancing multiple priorities with grace under high-pressure.
- Excellent communicator who can express ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in written form. Ability to leverage emotional intelligence to adapt style, vocabulary, and content to the audience, with effective active listening skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Minimum of one to three (1-3) years of Sales experience.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, occasionally working evenings and weekends as needed for special assignments.
- Professional, business-like appearance and demeanor.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs. repetitively and up to 75 lbs. occasionally, as well as to push and pull up to 100 lbs. regularly.
about Talking Rain
Founded in 1987 in Seattle, Washington, Talking Rain Beverage Company is an industry leader when it comes to creating and promoting brands using innovative ingredients and ideas.
Our innovative thinking carries over into the Sparkling Ice® beverage line, as we continue to devote extensive time in research and development to perfect the brand experience. Bold taste and bold refreshment, have made Sparkling Ice flavored water one of the fastest-growing non-alcoholic beverages in the country, and we were recently honored as Beverage World’s 2014 Liquid Refreshment Company of the Year.
Talking Rain has been committed to giving back to the community and partnering with cause related organizations since we first opened our doors in 1987 – supporting hundreds of nonprofits across the country.