- Location: Watertown, Massachusetts 02472
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Other
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Coffee
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: National Sales Manager
- # of Direct Reports: 0
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement Plan
Revolution: Boston and neighboring Lexington, Concord, Cambridge, Somerville, Belmont, and Watertown have long been catalysts for change. These towns are legendary in our country's fight for freedom on its home soil and in cultivating the fertile intellectual ground where some of the brightest minds continue to emerge.
Coffee is and always has been the fuel of bold thinking, whether establishing a new nation or fostering innovation. Intelligentsia's decision to enter the fray in this vibrant region is guided by our desire to be part of an enlightened culinary community located in one of the most invigorating cultural scenes in America. It’s in this independent spirit that our company was founded, and it’s the radical energy found here that keeps us going.
Intelligentsia’s new coffeebar and training lab, located at 810 and 818 Mt. Auburn Street, are being designed by renowned Los Angeles architect Barbara Bestor. Customers will enjoy a delicious menu of single origin, Direct Trade coffee and tea prepared by Intelligentsia’s world-class baristas. Next door, the training lab will offer customized educational programs for wholesale customers and coffee connoisseurs.
The Sales Executive identifies, qualifies, and develops prospective wholesale customers across a variety of business channels to onboard and support new wholesale customers and grow the designated territory. The position requires strong sales and business experience and a broad understanding of the food and beverage industry.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 2-4 years of B2B sales experience as an individual contributor required. Experience in the specialty coffee industry and/or foodservice or hospitality industry is highly preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of the geography of the designated territory and business channels preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experience with MS Excel/Word.
- Ability to manage time and schedule effectively.
- Familiar with sales prospecting methods and tools, including cold calling, presentations, drafting proposals, networking, etc.
- A flexible schedule to include periodic travel, weekends, participation in events, and after-hours work.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, and a strong desire to nurture new wholesale customers.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate Intelligentsia's mission and core values.
- Basic technical aptitude and a desire to learn about a variety of coffee equipment.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Desire to be part of an industry-leading team of educators, customer support staff, and baristas.
- Formal sales training from a professional sales training organization such as: CustomerCentric Selling, Strategic Selling, Solution Selling, SPIN selling, Challenger Sale, Richardson, Sandler, or formal sales training provided by a prior employer.
- Experience with marketing lead generation programs, business promotions, and marketing initiatives used with typical sales efforts.
- Experience recording customer and sales pipeline information into a CRM system. Knowledge of CRM as an individual contributor is preferred.
- Familiarity with social media tools (such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and online direct marketing a plus.
- Up to 75% travel within their assigned territory to conduct sales meetings, presentations, reviews, and other interactions with prospective and current wholesale coffee customers.
about Intelligentsia Coffee
Exceptional coffee is our tireless pursuit. In our efforts to discover and foster the best coffee in the world, we travel year-round to farms across the globe. We collaborate directly with farmers, sharing knowledge and creating enduring partnerships. Through collaboration and creativity, we strive to expand economic opportunity and culinary possibility, bringing you the best coffees imaginable.
We’re constantly seeking talented individuals to join our team. Whether you’re a coffee lover interested in sourcing, roasting, and delivering the best coffee in the world, or a skilled professional ready to help drive our business processes forward, we’d love to hear from you. Intelligentsia has been in the business for over 20 years, so you’ll get to learn a few things along the way. Of course, we’d love to learn from you, too. Bring a passion for what you do, regardless of your area of expertise, and you’ll thrive in our open, collaborative environment. Come grow with us.