- Location: Washington, District Of Columbia 20001
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Distributor
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Wine
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
Forming relationships and building distribution in on and off premise accounts.
- Develops an effective marketing and sales strategic plan in order to maximize wine distribution within an established or growing customer base.
- Develops broad base of support for The Winebow Group's services by maintaining routine contact with key decision makers.
- Effectively negotiates and manages local purchasing agreements and contracts.
- Provides timely educational programs, materials and services when deemed necessary.
- Works with Zone Leaders and Business Development Director to monitor sales growth and market penetration with the use of monthly reporting tools.
- Works, when necessary, with The Winebow Group's accounting department to resolve any billing issues within their designated territory.
- Responsible for communicating directly with The Winebow Group's Customer Service department any specific ordering or shipping needs indicated by clients within their territory.
- Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
Additional Skills and/or Educational Background:
- Two years marketing or sales experience preferred.
- Restaurant/Wine Shop experience preferred.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office software.
about The Winebow Group
The Winebow Group comprises national importer and distribution houses that offer comprehensive portfolios of fine wine and spirits from around the world.
The company represents some of the most established, family-owned properties in prominent growing areas, as well as a new generation of winemakers and distillers who are dedicated to innovation and quality.
Led by President and CEO David Townsend, The Winebow Group was created in 2014 with the merger of two prominent industry forces, The Vintner Group and Winebow. Both companies were founded in 1980, grew significantly in recent years, and shared a common culture based on passion, knowledge and outstanding customer service.
By bringing together the best resources and the best practices of each company, The Winebow Group’s financial strength, operational expertise, extended reach, and focus on education provide a unique platform and an unprecedented level of service in the fine wine and spirits sector.
The concept behind The Winebow Group name reflects the coming together of The Vintner Group and Winebow to create a new, unified identity. While the name maintains the legacy of Winebow, it also communicates the concept behind The Vintner Group of bringing together a variety of entities to form a larger group that shares core values and practices.