- Brand Name:MundoVino
- Location: Los Angeles, California 90001
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Distributor
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Wine
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
The Winebow Group, a prestigious importer and distributor of premium wines and craft spirit products from around the world, seeks a Regional Manager to oversee the Western region for our MundoVino Portfolio which imports wines from Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Spain, and Portugal. This position reports to the National Vice President of Sales. The ideal person will reside in a major city in California or Washington State.
- Work with the National Vice President of Sales to manage distributor relationships, set pricing and programming, establish on and off premise goals for Key Distributors, participate in distributor sales meetings, conduct seminars for distributors and consumer groups, prepare annual budget forecast and distributor goals, conduct distributor reviews and approve/process billback/chargebacks in a timely fashion.
- Managing, mentoring and developing Territory Managers throughout California, Hawaii, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Idaho and Arizona to include maintaining constant dialogue and providing direction/guidance.
- Managing supplier visits and performing necessary follow up.
- Developing and monitoring Key Account penetration.
- Participating in distributor management meetings to establish goals, pricing and programming as well as conducting regular reviews of depletions, programs, inventories, orders and responding to issues that might arise.
- Present Presells and New Releases to distributor management.
- Conduct seminars for distributors and consumer groups.
- Reviewing program results and suggest corrective actions.
- Following up on a timely basis with requests from SVP/GM, Portfolio Directors, Marketing, Human Resources, Customer Service, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables and Sales Administration.
- Familiarity with DI Diver and the ability to review Diver information on accounts and distributor activities and taking appropriate actions where necessary.
- Completing expense reports and approve Territory Managers expense reports for processing.
- Reading and responding to emails and returning voice mail messages.
- At least 10 years fine wine management experience with increasing levels of responsibilities.
- At least 7 years experience working in the specialty wine trade holding either a supplier or distributor management position.
- Must have experience working in a multi-state environment overseeing multiple distributors.
- Passion for fine wine and strong general knowledge of a fine wine portfolio including fine wine from Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Spain and Portugal.
- Strong relationships with distributor networks and in key on/off premise accounts within geographic region outlined above.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening hours and weekends when needed. Travel is required at least 50% of the time.
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Knowledge of distribution pricing strategies and ability to manage and maintain profit margin negotiations.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must possess strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills to include the ability to negotiate and mediate situations, speak to large audiences making effective presentations and possess strong writing skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to formulate strategies based on competitive data to meet both short and long term company objectives.
The Winebow Group offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, expense allotment, car allowance and generous benefits package. Interested candidates should submit resume, WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS, below via the "Apply Now" link. Only resumes that include salary requirements will be considered.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at Winebow Inc. Unfortunately we can only respond to those individuals whose background and work experience meet the requirements of our Regional Manager position.
about The Winebow Group
The Winebow Group comprises national importer and distribution houses that offer comprehensive portfolios of fine wine and spirits from around the world.
The company represents some of the most established, family-owned properties in prominent growing areas, as well as a new generation of winemakers and distillers who are dedicated to innovation and quality.
Led by President and CEO David Townsend, The Winebow Group was created in 2014 with the merger of two prominent industry forces, The Vintner Group and Winebow. Both companies were founded in 1980, grew significantly in recent years, and shared a common culture based on passion, knowledge and outstanding customer service.
By bringing together the best resources and the best practices of each company, The Winebow Group’s financial strength, operational expertise, extended reach, and focus on education provide a unique platform and an unprecedented level of service in the fine wine and spirits sector.
The concept behind The Winebow Group name reflects the coming together of The Vintner Group and Winebow to create a new, unified identity. While the name maintains the legacy of Winebow, it also communicates the concept behind The Vintner Group of bringing together a variety of entities to form a larger group that shares core values and practices.