- Location: Dallas, Texas 75219
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Spirits
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: VP Division Manager
- # of Direct Reports: 4
The Regional Manager manages all aspects of the assigned territory (the region), by leading and developing a group of Commercial Business Managers, leveraging their collective strengths to simultaneously deliver short-term results and build long-term brand value. Key pillars of the position include: Distributor Management, Broker Management, Brand Building, Consumer Focused, Brand Education, Pricing Management, P&L Management, Supply Chain & Compliance, with a strong emphasis on Coaching & Mentoring a professional team of commercial business managers. Success in the position will deliver (or over-deliver) against defined annual P&L goals, Execution KPIs and continued exceptional growth of the Edrington brands including The Macallan, Highland Park, The Famous Grouse, Cutty Sark, Brugal Rum, Snow Leopard Vodka, Glenrothes and Partida Tequila. The Regional Manager will also play a key role on the Division Leadership Team.
- Aid in setting and lead the implementation of the strategic direction for the Business Unit across all channels and segments.
- Clearly communicate the Strategic Direction and Edrington priorities to Distributor Leadership and Sales Teams. Instil belief and create buy-in from distributor management.
- Work effectively to align brand and field marketing with commercial teams behind a shared vision, designed to deliver against the Strategic Imperatives of the organization.
- Lead, Develop and Train a team of Commercial Business Managers and Ambassadors into high functioning, independently operating managers ready for the next career opportunity.
- Ensure optimal allocation of Edrington and Distributor resources (including LMF) against portfolio brand standards within the region.
- Drive a leading global luxury brand to deliver yearly profit growth and simultaneously grow brand equity
- Accelerate the growth of a highly acclaimed and lesser known brand
- Cultivate new opportunities for a strong core business
- Support the continued evolution of the Edrington Americas business to develop gold-standard organizational capabilities
- Lead the Division to become a recognized leader in the beverage industry by key stakeholders
Key Focus Area’s
- Distributor and Broker Management: Build exceptional business relationships, drive brand focus, manage performance & delivery, and provide “white glove” customer service, build a solid and reciprocal partnership
- Retailer Management: Oversee key retail relationship building, ensuing that quartly and yearly programming is in place to achieve target growth objectives while leveraging retailer consumer data to Recruit, Engage, Delight and Retain new and existing consumer of Edrington products
- Consumer Activation: Co-create exceptional and ground breaking engagement platforms with your divisional marketing manager and your team member’s that focus on Recruit, Engage, Delight and Retain new and existing consumer of Edrington products from non-traditional industry outlets
- Coaching & Mentoring: Provide formal and informal feedback to each member of the regional team, support further understanding and capabilities development across the wider Edrington Americas business, set an example for our people. Oversee roll-out and embedding of all Edrington Sales Academy initiatives to regional team. Ensure and coach each team member so they are highly competent in owning their business, their distributor relationships, their retailer relationship and ensuing that consumer activation and recruitment is front of mind.
- Brand Building: Challenge the status-quo and put the consumer at the heart of the conversation, oversee the planning and execution of the local marketing plans, support all nationally lead activities at the local level, act as an unwavering brand guardian
- Brand Education: Ensure delivery of the highest quality brand education experiences to all Trade and consumer audiences
- Pricing Management: Oversee the implementation and execution of the local pricing strategy, negotiate selling costs and margins, maintain an active awareness of competitive activity working with your local finance manager to achieve profit mix
- P&L Management: Drive depletions profitability, grow brand value, manage A&P, additional local marketing investments, selling costs, and overheads to deliver the annual profit plan
- Supply Chain & Compliance: Drive the allocation strategy, support exceptional customer service, and ensure industry leading legal compliance across the region
Knowledge, Skills & Core Competencies Required
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 to 10 years of FMCG sales and marketing management experience required, Beverage Alcohol Industry experience is essential
- Experience of Distributor management is essential
- 3 + years of experience in a leadership role required
- Sale force management is strongly desired
- Marketing experience is a strongly desired
- On/Off premise experience a plus
- A proven track record in a change oriented and entrepreneurial environment
- Thorough understanding of the 3 tier system is essential
- An ability to provide leading customer service delivery is required
- Detailed understanding of marketing strategy and mix
- Strong understanding of organizational vision
- Experience Managing a Sales and Operations Planning process
- An ability to coach and mentor a diverse team
- Deep understanding of distributor pricing
- Proficiency with MS Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills are a must
- Deep knowledge of, and ability to leverage insights gained from, syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI, VIP, Diver, etc.)
- Strong Organizational awareness and the ability to manage complexity
- Ability to manage a broad network of internal and external partners and relationships
- Ability to analyse complex business issues and make decisions that drive the company’s success
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and a positive attitude when facing opportunities and challenges
- Ability to work independently and remain focused in a dynamic working environment
- An in-depth understanding of business context and proactively brings forward innovation ideas
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally, at all levels of the organization
- Recognize team performance and coaches others
- Travel requirement up to 60% as needed to perform job function
- Valid driver’s license
- Eligible to work in the US
- At least 21 years of age
about Edrington Americas
Edrington makes some of the world's best and best-loved Scotch whiskies, including The Macallan, The Famous Grouse, Cutty Sark and Highland Park. The portfolio is complemented by Brugal, the leading rum in the Caribbean, and by Snow Leopard vodka.
Edrington is based in Scotland and owned by its employees and a charitable trust, The Robertson Trust. The company has interests in the Dominican Republic, the US, Europe, Asia and Africa. Our employees work in distilling, blending and bottling, as well as brand management, sales, finance and other professional functions.
Our business is underpinned by a long-established reputation for involving the workforce in social enterprises and we’re proud to continue as a privately owned business. We continue to spread our global reach, with over 60% of our employees now being based outside of Scotland.
The success of our brands requires the support of everyone in Edrington, from distillation and coopering, to the brand and commercial management teams, to our distribution teams and our partnerships with other organisations. It is important to us that we bring in exceptional talent and give them the tools and support required to be the best they can be every day. We provide a comprehensive training and development programme for all employees, regardless of their role.
Edrington provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without
regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to general legal requirements, Edrington complies with
applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.