- Location: New York City, New York 10001
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Distributor
- Categories: PR/Communications
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Direct Reports: NA
The Winebow Group a global leader in fine wine and spirits is looking to add a PR Associate to our already successful team in our Manhattan Office. If you have a proven track record in PR and Wine we would be interested in reviewing your background. This is a very exciting time to join the expansion and growth of The Winebow Group.
All resumes will be reviewed by our hiring team.
Located in New York City, The Winebow Group’s mission is to be the premier U.S. importer, distributor and developer of an international portfolio of premium quality fine wine, spirits and sake — all with an emphasis on education and customer service.
At The Winebow Group, we are committed to bringing the best representations of products from global regions to market. As a result, our extensive portfolio of premium wines, spirits and sakes from around the world is unsurpassed in terms of quality and selection.
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated individual to work with our team to raise media, trade, and consumer awareness for our fine wine and spirits portfolio. The PR Associate must be an excellent communicator with polished skills in media relations. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can successfully juggle multiple projects. He or she is intellectually curious and creative, as well as detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Work together with the PR team, marketing team, and brand managers to develop and execute focused public relations plans to support individual brands, portfolios and company messaging.
- Foster relationships with key wine and lifestyle media, and fulfill media requests for product information, materials and samples.
- Develop well-crafted communications such as press releases and creative story ideas to secure coverage.
- Leverage opportunities with select trade organizations and regional campaigns.
- Organize PR aspects of selected winemaker visits, including media interviews.
- Manage relationships with selected agency partners.
- Provide special event management and logistics.
- Monitor traditional and social media in relation to brands, trends, and issues.
- Develop social media content, engage via multiple platforms, and measure influence.
- Manage calendars and records for key media programs.
- 3 years of experience in public relations and wine
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Strong appreciation for fine wine and spirits
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Understanding of social media ecosystem, tools, and opportunities
- Established contacts in wine and lifestyle media
- Demonstrated strategic planning and project management skills
- Foreign language(s) a plus, especially French and/or Spanish
- Strong skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Proficiency in Cision and Burelles Luce or the equivalent. Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Occasional weekend and evening availability.
Please submit resumes in one of the following ways:
- Online at www.winebow.com or by clicking "Apply Now" below.
The Winebow Group offers a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. The Winebow Group is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce
about The Winebow Group
The Winebow Group comprises national importer and distribution houses that offer comprehensive portfolios of fine wine and spirits from around the world.
The company represents some of the most established, family-owned properties in prominent growing areas, as well as a new generation of winemakers and distillers who are dedicated to innovation and quality.
Led by President and CEO David Townsend, The Winebow Group was created in 2014 with the merger of two prominent industry forces, The Vintner Group and Winebow. Both companies were founded in 1980, grew significantly in recent years, and shared a common culture based on passion, knowledge and outstanding customer service.
By bringing together the best resources and the best practices of each company, The Winebow Group’s financial strength, operational expertise, extended reach, and focus on education provide a unique platform and an unprecedented level of service in the fine wine and spirits sector.
The concept behind The Winebow Group name reflects the coming together of The Vintner Group and Winebow to create a new, unified identity. While the name maintains the legacy of Winebow, it also communicates the concept behind The Vintner Group of bringing together a variety of entities to form a larger group that shares core values and practices.