- Location: Stamford, Connecticut 06901
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Importer
- Categories: Finance/Accounting
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Director of Pricing
- # of Direct Reports: 0
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits’ currently seeks a Pricing Analyst who possesses the below qualifications.
The Pricing Analyst works closely with Sales Organization (Regional Chain Managers, Region Managers) to coordinate Strategic Accounts pricing initiatives, compiles all national submissions of pricing to retail chains and ensures the Cognos Pricing Solution is current and accurate with regards to Strategic Accounts initiatives. This position reports to the Director of Pricing.
Key job responsibilities:
Retail Chain Pricing (80%)
- Collection and submission of all retailer specific pricing and automate the delivery mechanisms that meet each retailer’s unique “Form” requirements
- Validates all pricing submissions with local Region Manager
- Responsible for Walmart Vendor Managed Pricing
- Responsible for maintaining On - Premise pricing grid
- Liaison between Pricing department, Strategic Accounts and Field Sales to ensure alignment between all departments.
and update key components of pricing within the Cognos Pricing Solution (15%)
- Annual update of Laid in Costs
- Identifying on/off premise pricing levels
- Updating volume goals
- Maintaining deal level calendars
- Enter national price increases (5%)
Requirements of the role:
Must possess solid analytical skills with proficiency in data assessment & manipulation using Excel and internal systems (i.e: Cognos, etc.)
- Self-motivated individual who can identify issues/opportunities for improvement and be proactive in addressing them
- Analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Detailed oriented, accuracy a must
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- CPG experience, alcohol beverage experience preferred
Experience and Skills:
1-3 years of experience and/or success managing pricing for a company dealing with multiple tiers and channels
- Track record for effectively managing budgets and P&Ls maximizing sales revenues
- Strong understanding of pricing tools or pricing management systems
- Possess an entrepreneurial approach to managing a business
- Experience in price negotiation beneficial
Education: BS/BA degree in Finance, Sales experience a strong plus
about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons, Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Bubbles, Peter Lehmann; California: Eppa SupraFruta Sangria, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Kunde Family Estate, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils, Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Spain: Mar De Frades, Cruz de Alba, and Ramon Bilbao Vinos Y Vinedo; Argentina: Ruta 22, and award-winning spirits from LUKSUSOWA Vodka (Poland), VILLA MASSA® Limoncello (Italy), LICOR 43® (Spain) and REDEMPTION Whiskey (U.S.A.).
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits at www.deutschfamily.com