- Location: Goshen, New York 10924
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Distributor
- Categories: Supply Chain and Operations
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: President and Vice President
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
Beverage types: Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews all routes daily.
- Coordinates helpers for trucks as needed, including Driver Helpers and Van Drivers.
- Ensures that all outgoing product is double-checked by a different person.
- Coordinates and sends out any special orders or van stops.
- Supervises the make-up of C-license accounts and/or any pickups.
- Takes rolling inventory daily.
- Takes complete inventory at end of month.
- Researches inventory discrepancies.
- Makes inventory adjustments as necessary.
- Supervises the unloading of all incoming products.
- Checks for out-of-stock product.
- Communicates with Brewery and product carrier about out-of-stock items.
- Makes all attempts to bring out-of-stock product in as soon as possible.
- Completes ordering and forecasting for all suppliers.
- Enters purchase orders for all products other than Anheuser-Busch after receiving confirmation from company involved.
- Reviews applications and hires employees as needed.
- Maintains training program for employees.
- Performs annual employee evaluations.
- Rewards employees whenever possible.
- Disciplines employees as needed.
- Maintains vacation schedule for the year.
- Maintains all OSHA required standards.
- Maintains Hazard Communication Program, Personal Protective Equipment, Emergency Evacuation Policy, Lockout/Tagout Policy, Forklift Certification Program, and Ergonomics Program.
- Keeps records of all vehicle maintenance.
- Ensures all pre-trip inspections are done as needed.
- Sends trucks for repair as needed.
- Maintains a complete Department of Transportation file.
- Orders any materials to keep warehouse in proper order.
- Obtains bids on any outside work needed, such as electrical or plumbing work.
- Reviews warehouse bills and forwards to accounts payable.
Manages warehouse and night crew supervisors. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Internet Explorer. VIP Systems software and Warehouse Picking and Logistics Software experience preferred.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Manual pallet jack
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
about Dana Distributors Inc.
Since 1970 Dana Distributors, Inc. has been serving Orange County the freshest beer in the industry. We extended our service area to Rockland County in 2000 and Sullivan County in 2001.
We will continue to attain a measure of performance that assures that our customers recognize us as the finest distributor of premium quality beverages and service in the industry.
“Making Friends is Our Business”