- Location: New York City, New York 10001
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Distributor
- Categories: Office Mgmt/Admin
- Beverages: Wine
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
The Winebow Group a global leader in fine wine and spirits has a very exciting opportunity to add an Office Manager to our already successful team in our New York Office. This position will be working for our Senior team. If you have a proven track record as an Executive Assistant or Administrative assistant in a consumer products industry such as fashion, or cosmetics we would be interested in reviewing your resume.
This position will be responsible for regional office activities including the reception area, mail, and facilities, directing and coordinating office services and related activities including developing and supervising programs for the maximum utilization of services and equipment. Also responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of NY-based events as well as our regional tasting events - Vintner’s Harvest and MSW Grand Portfolio Tastings.
- Manages the office facility day-to-day operations.
- Supervises part time AR Assistant and day to day AR activities.
- Manages the reception area including greeting visitors and ensuring effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Maintains log of all guests and visitors on daily basis
- Books and monitors conference room reservations
- Monitors office and break room supply inventory, placing orders and restocking as necessary.
- Assists with the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities
- Responsible for maintaining professional appearance of office (including break room sinks, dishes and refrigerator clean up)
- Handles all incoming/outgoing mail and packages to include UPS/FedEx, USPS, ordering of supplies and distribution of mail, packages and wine/spirits deliveries to employees.
- Oversees security system for the office and coordination of building security/access with property management.
- Manages tasting event operations including employee volunteers, facility selection, various vendor contracts, transportation, accommodations, food and beverage selections and audio/visual service arrangements, acting as main point of contact on day of event to ensure event runs smoothly.
- Coordinates with all participating departments including Marketing, PR, and Creative Services to create campaign and materials for larger tastings including supplier wine guides for event distribution.
- Coordinates with brand management and warehouse the selection and delivery of all wines/spirits to the events.
- Works with wineries and M. Shanken for Wine Spectator NY events, coordinating wine shipments with warehouse and licensing with Compliance.
- Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
- Attends department meetings and functions as required.
- Plans meetings/on-site events as necessary.
- Trains staff on and follows all safety policies and procedures; actively makes improvements to processes to ensure highest level of safety; reports all accidents to the appropriate group.
- Refills printer paper trays on all printing machines throughout the day
- Acts as a backup to the part time AR Assistant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Normal office environment
- EQUIPMENT/MACHINERY USED
- Telephone, copier, fax machine, computer, calculator.
- Lifting up to 30 lbs., sitting, bending, reaching, visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Associate’s Degree in Business or related field or HS Diploma and 5 years of experience in an administrative/customer service setting.
- 1-2 years office management experience.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Applications.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional demeanor and image.
- Bilingual preferred, though not mandated (French, Italian or Spanish)
about The Winebow Group
The Winebow Group comprises national importer and distribution houses that offer comprehensive portfolios of fine wine and spirits from around the world.
The company represents some of the most established, family-owned properties in prominent growing areas, as well as a new generation of winemakers and distillers who are dedicated to innovation and quality.
Led by President and CEO David Townsend, The Winebow Group was created in 2014 with the merger of two prominent industry forces, The Vintner Group and Winebow. Both companies were founded in 1980, grew significantly in recent years, and shared a common culture based on passion, knowledge and outstanding customer service.
By bringing together the best resources and the best practices of each company, The Winebow Group’s financial strength, operational expertise, extended reach, and focus on education provide a unique platform and an unprecedented level of service in the fine wine and spirits sector.
The concept behind The Winebow Group name reflects the coming together of The Vintner Group and Winebow to create a new, unified identity. While the name maintains the legacy of Winebow, it also communicates the concept behind The Vintner Group of bringing together a variety of entities to form a larger group that shares core values and practices.