- Location: Turner, Oregon 97392
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Wine
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: CEO
- # of Direct Reports: 0
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement Plan
Willamette Valley Vineyards named “One of America’s Great Pinot Noir Producers,” by Wine Enthusiast is seeking a National Chain Manager who is responsible for planning and executing the company’s chain sales and related distributor management. The ideal candidate is a hands-on leader, highly organized, and technically proficient professional. Must be a highly-motivated individual with a strong sense of commitment and a positive attitude who thrives in the fast-paced environment of a medium-sized winery.
Position is best located on the west coast of the US and will require approximately 50% travel.
- Manage the winery’s national chain sales efforts to increase placements, depletions, brand awareness, and customers for life.
- Create annual chain account operating plans and budgets that include programming, depletions, new item submissions, incentives, market activities, quarterly chain promotions, communication and meeting plans and innovation.
- Manage and deliver depletion performance and spending budgets vs. plan to deliver profit
- Regularly collaborate and communicate with distributor and chain account stakeholders to ensure execution of programs and review of performance to plan
- Prepare and deliver excellent account calls, presentations and work-withs.
- Arrange and host trade visits to the winery
- Develop, in coordination with the CEO and marketing team, sales promotion campaigns that aim to drive pull through off the retail shelf
- Monitor distributor and chain pricing to ensure compliance to targets
- Maintain company’s customer relationship management software
- Support National Brand Ambassadors (regional sales managers) in other markets as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience in the wine industry with 3-tier distribution, sales management and chain experience preferred. 7+ years in the food & beverage industry with similar distribution, sales management and chain experience will be considered.
- Thorough understanding and genuine interest in the luxury wine business industry
- Proven, successful experience achieving and increasing wine distribution in chains
- 5+ years of experience successfully leading and managing a team of employees preferred
- Ability to build and deliver compelling sales presentations, possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, and effectively interface at all levels within the organization, accounts and distributor network
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills.
- Strong financial acumen to calculate gross profit, retail margin, retail pricing, internal pricing models and trade spend, etc.
- Very flexible and willing to get involved in all aspects of the business – field based local activities and nationally driven events
- Must be a team player, enjoy building synergy across departments, prioritize tasks that are best for the team, and optimize resource potential.
- Independently motivated to generate and grow sales for the winery with a strong desire to win.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
- Must be willing to work on-site at the winery with the team when not in market
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), CRM database and distributor management tools
- Must have valid state driver’s license
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.