- Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada 89030
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Distributor
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Beer
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
Assist sales teams in achieving sales volume, distribution, and display objectives of the company and supplier by managing and coaching a team of sales development representatives and merchandising team to make their standards of performance goals through proper planning, organization, training and execution.
- Defines monthly priorities for merchandising and SDR teams by meeting with Division and POS Managers and reviewing organizational objectives.
- Pre-plans prior to the beginning of each month by holding a one on one meeting with each SDR and merchandiser, strategizing on how best to achieve goals and objectives, and when applicable, helping representatives define target accounts for display initiatives
- Conducts effective bi-monthly planning meetings with sales development representatives by communicating sales/display objectives and programs, identifying opportunities, reviewing performance against goals, and guiding team members on how to close gaps.
- Develops and reviews performance enhancement plans for each sales development representative by conducting evaluations, monitoring 90 day evaluations on new hires, performing coaching calls, and following up on progress as needed.
- Addresses any skill deficiencies of merchandisers & sales development representatives by developing customized coaching plans, tracking progress and recording improvement against them
- Demonstrates strong customer orientation by maintaining relationships with key accounts, identifying account opportunities, reviewing merchandising programs with key customers, developing opening display plans with new accounts, selling-in resets of stores, managing coverage of open territories, resolving customer complaints and escalating any issues when necessary
- Participates in the associate interview and selection process by working with human resources to source candidates, schedule interviews, conduct interviews, and manage the on-boarding process
- Manages supplier surveys by assisting in planning routes, pre-surveying accounts, and generating an action plan with sales FSMs and AMs.
- Coordinates brand priorities for pulse periods and promotions by interfacing with local supplier representatives.
- Maintains strong communication with sales by relaying important customer issues related to service and changes in shelf or displays in accounts.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g. WSSM, TOPS, FOCUS MARKETING, SFA).
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks as applicable.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- The Sales Development/Merchandising Manager supervises those merchandisers and sales development representatives on his/her team.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience.
- Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- A minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An understanding of wine and spirits is required.
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various computer programs including presentation software.
Breakthru Beverage Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: EEO Poster, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com call (708) 298-3000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
about Breakthru Beverage Group
Breakthru Beverage brings experience and innovation to the wholesale beverage business. We are a family-owned company with operations and Affiliates spanning 19 markets. More than $6 billion in annual sales are driven by 7,000 associates. Our portfolio contains the world’s best wine, spirit and beer brands. Breakthru Beverage Group delivers world-renowned brands to the doorsteps of retailers, bars, and restaurant businesses. See our brands Specialties here: http://www.breakthrubev.com/Brands.