- Location: New York City, New York 10016
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Spirits
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: State Manager
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
Key Account & Consumer Development – 60%
• Establishes positive customer rapport in assigned accounts and with key distributor sales personnel.
• Sells-in and executes National Brand Programs and assist in the development of Regional Programs in assigned accounts.
• Collaborates with FMM or TPM to develop local programming that best fits consumer's needs.
• Executes sponsorship or partnership activation that is within assigned accounts.
• Leads the agency teams to activate brand and account goals.
• Collaborates with key distributor contacts (Whiskey Ambassadors, Mixologists, Key Account Sales) to drive JD FOB focus and execution in key accounts.
• Champions the effort in winning at the point of purchase, by building lasting trade relationship and working unusual hours including late nights and weekends
• Brand responsibility includes: Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands
Events, Education & Training – 25%
• Ensures appropriate targeting and coordination of BF presence at large-scale consumer and trade whiskey events in region
• Trains and educates distributor and agency partners on Jack Daniel’s portfolio.
• Participates in Distributor Sales Meetings, as needed to support brands.
• Plans and coordinates distillery representative market visits.
• Facilitates B-F Home Place visits for market customers and guests.
Planning & Evaluation – 15%
• Shares Best Practices from local activation, stays abreast of market trends and communicates competitive intelligence.
• Manages priorities and assigned budgeting to deliver desired goals in key accounts.
• Monitors JD FOB brand performance with the expectation of exceeding market segment trends.
• Partners with B-F Field Marketing, Multicultural Teams and/or Brand teams as required.
• Connects with multiple external contacts including the distributor, retailers, bartenders, wait staff, promotion agencies and consumers.
• Participates in on-going planning meetings with internal and external stakeholders as required.
• Manages and maintains budget.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years industry experience and/or 4 years sales experience in a consumer products industry (Beverage Alcohol Industry preferred).
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, accounts, and all internal stakeholders.
• Demonstrated knowledge of three-tier distribution system.
• Team player: Able to put the needs of the overall Brown-Forman business above the specific needs of the territory or team. Seeks out opportunities to collaborate with leaders in other channels and territories. Keeps relevant parties informed of activity and seeks similar behavior from the area team.
• Literate with word processing programs (such as Word), spreadsheet programs (such as Excel), and presentation programs (such as PowerPoint).
• Must have valid state driver’s license.
• Must be able and willing to travel (by air and car) 15-20% of the time.
• Physical ability to lift 60 pounds.
His original brand, Old Forester Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky, was America’s first bottled bourbon and remains one of Brown-Forman’s finest brands today. Geo. Garvin Brown IV, a descendant of the founder, is part of the 5th generation of Brown Family members engaged with Brown-Forman, a publicly traded, family-controlled company, and serves as the presiding Chairman of the Board.
Brown-Forman employs more than 4,600 people worldwide with about 1,300 located in Louisville. Brown-Forman, one of the largest American-owned spirits and wine companies and among the top 10 largest global spirits companies, to sells its brands in countries around the world and has offices in cities across the globe. In all, Brown-Forman has more than 25 brands in its portfolio of wines and spirits.