- Location: San Antonio, Texas 78228
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Supply Chain and Operations
- Beverages: Beer
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: VP Operations
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
about this job
This position is responsible for managing the procurement of materials (brewing and packaging) to achieve budget objectives and coordinate inventory’s levels to ensure adequate supply to meet productions requirements.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Manages procurement of packaging and brewing materials
- Primary and secondary packaging materials; cans, bottles, cartons, crowns etc…
- Brewing ingredients
- Coordinates new and renovated packaging introductions, works closely with marketing to coordinate packaging changes.
- Coordinates introduction of new brands, ensuring proper regulatory approval.
- Manages inventory levels by ensuring production requirements are met. Coordinates package and graphics changes while minimizing obsolete materials.
- Manages the packaging materials budget including ensuring plans are kept within guidelines. Will be responsible for responding to senior management’s questions.
- Leads packaging innovation and value engineering efforts. Develops new package specifications.
- Bachelors degree in Business or Engineering required; MBA preferredA minimum of 10 years professional experience in procurement industry mandatory.
- Experience in the beverage industry a plus
- Prior marketing/packaging experience helpful
- Advanced knowledge of state regulations ensuring product compliance
- Prior experience with vendors (handling contract bids and negotiations)
- Driven for results and able to handle complexity and change.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under very tight constraints while ensuring all deadlines are met
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to ensure clear and concise communication with management, co-workers and vendors/distributors.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point).
- Previous data/market analysis, financial analysis and business acumen experience
about Pabst Brewing Company
Pabst Brewing Company is an American company that has been in business since 1844. Pabst is one of the largest private beer companies in North America. Pabst produces over 30 brands of beer and malt liquor such as Pabst Blue Ribbon, Old Milwaukee, Lone Star, Colt 45, Old Style, Stroh’s, Primo, National Bohemian, Schlitz, and the newest Blast by Colt 45 among others.