- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19105
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Region Manager
- # of Direct Reports: 0
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for the development of the Paulaner USA portfolio in the retail on and off premise channels. Together with the Paulaner Region Manager and the respective distributor sales teams the position will be a “value added” resource to both the Paulaner portfolio and the key distributors. The position will be responsible for the development of target account lists, promotional activities in those accounts and the coordination of national and regional account placements.
- Establish strong working relationships with the sales teams within the assigned distributors, by cultivating relationships, delivering “business back” to the wholesaler and being the “go to person” for product and brand information and PUSA processes.
- Develop and manage “Target Account Lists” by market by coordinating with distributor sales teams and PUSA Region Manager to ensure growing distribution for PUSA’s portfolio. Update the lists on an as needed basis together with the PUSA Region Manager and the distributor.
- Independently call at retail to secure new placements for the Paulaner USA portfolio.
- Coordinate both independently and through PUSA National Accounts and Distributor Teams, all chain account activation and execution. Utilize marketing tools from brand teams and custom materials developed in coordination with distributor merchandising teams
- Conduct, both personally and via outside resources, a minimum of 35 consumer and retail samplings and sales calls per week to build awareness and trial for our brands.
- Coordinate, with the PUSA Marketing Team, all retail programs to secure displays and features for the individual brands and packages
- Monitor Distributor inventories to help ensure timely ordering patterns (6-8 weeks lead time) for all beer and point of sale orders and monitor distributor orders to maintain target inventories of both at the distributors. (45-55 days on priority SKU’s). Alert Region Manager of potential issues.
- In concert with the PUSA Region Manager, secure and conduct sales meetings with distributor retail sales staff to launch new programming, brand and product training and incentive activities
- Continue individual skill development through on-going training including; VIP Business Systems, NetSuite Enterprise Software, Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Presentation Skills and Cicerone Beer Server Qualification
- Local Market Residency, no relocation provided
- Selling to Retail Sales Experience
- Beverage Alcohol Experience (Familiar with legal structure, promotion requirements and three tier system) (Preferred)
- Modest travel beyond assigned territory (1-2 National Meetings per Year)
- 10% Bonus opportunity based on specific metrics
- “Super Bonus” eligible
- Full medical including dental and vision
- 401K with Company Match
- Automobile Mileage Reimbursement
- 14 days PTO per year in addition to holidays