- Brand Name:Highland Park
- Location: Brooklyn, New York 11249
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Other
- Categories: Marketing
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Edrington NY Sales Team
- # of Direct Reports: 0
- Base Pay: 50,000
- Bonus: 10%
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement Plan
POSITION: Highland Park Brand Activator
LOCATIONS: New York, NY – Williamsburg / Greenpoint / Bushwick
Highland Park is the Orkney single malt with Viking soul. Established in 1798 on the remote island of Orkney, we are the northernmost Scotch whisky distillery in the world.For over 200 years, our distillery has combined time-honored traditions with unparalleled craftsmanship to achieve perfection. Today, our whisky continues to be crafted in the old way but by a new generation of Vikings.
Our range of single malts is consistently acclaimed and has won many prestigious awards including the first ever 100-point score at the Ultimate Spirits Challenge for 25 Year Old and the coveted title of “The Best Spirit in the World” by respected spirits expert, F. Paul Pacult on three separate occasions.
Highland Park is imported and marketed by Edrington Americas. Edrington is based in Scotland and its portfolio of spirits is enjoyed throughout the world. Edrington is owned by The Robertson Trust, which donated $20 million to charities in the past year.
Do you want to be a part of a Viking Invasion? Are you ready to think like an entrepreneur and build a brand leveraging every opportunity, disrupting traditional channels, doing the unexpected?
This is not a brand ambassador or promotional model position. The Brand Activator is a dedicated, passionate, brand champion, with an entrepreneurial drive to make Highland Park reach its true potential. This position is for an ambitious and passionate self-starter who is highly driven to succeed, and enjoys going the extra mile to achieve results and rewards. This Brand Activator is a multi-faceted position encompassing marketing, activation ideation & execution, sales, and event management with great autonomy and ownership.
Brand Activator reports directly to the NY Metro team with supervision from the National Brand Manager.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
· Be the Expert! Act as Highland Park’s in-market authority on the brand
· Seek opportunities to sample, educate, expose, and partner with influencers and consumers
· Identify, partner, and execute events in accounts
· Work alongside the local commercial team to ensure they are informed of area activity
· Create summary program recaps identifying key metrics, learnings, competitive and local market insight and future program recommendations
· Develop on/off premise & non-licensed accounts to establish relationships with key trade partners and local influencers
· Increase Highland Park’s brand visibility in the on/off premise with locally developed programs
· Secure menu placements and visibility
· Build brand advocacy through brand trainings for key staff in on and off-premise accounts
POSITION SKILLSET REQUIREMENTS
Prior beverage alcohol industry experience is a plus, but not mandatory
· Must reside in Williamsburg / Greenpoint / Bushwick
· Strong local market and neighborhood knowledge
· Motivated self-starter, articulate, charismatic, and outgoing
· Strong interpersonal skills to influence and partner with trade and consumers
· Ability to work independently and manage a personal schedule
· Ability to think creatively, ideate new activations, and execute non-traditional marketing campaigns
· Detailed oriented, highly organized with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
· Ability to work a full time position with non-traditional hours
· Ability to understand, manage and responsibly track assigned budgets
· Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner at all times
about Next Level Marketing
Next Level is a Westport, CT based marketing and promotion agency focused on building premium beverage brands.
We have a team of 70 full-time beverage professionals supported by over 100 part-time staff operating nationally in 25 key markets.
Our mission is to help a diverse portfolio of both small and large clients successfully achieve their brand building objectives.
We specialize in the selection, training and management of ambassador teams that execute brand building and volume driving activities for our client brands. Next Level provides a full array of services that includes:
- On And Off-Premise Sampling
- Custom Consumer Research
- National Accounts Consulting
- Training And Education
- New Product Launches
- Secret Shopper Programs
- POS Development And Production
- Drink Strategy And Development
- Sales Presentations
- Competitive Surveys And Analysis
- Multicultural Marketing Programs
- Tracking & Measurement Systems