- Brand Name:MundoVino, a member of The Winebow Group
- Location: Glen Allen, Virginia 23059
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Distributor
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Wine
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
The Winebow Group, headquartered in Glen Allen, Virginia, is one of the nation's leading distributors of fine wine and craft spirits. We are currently seeking a results-oriented leader with a successful track record for an Iberian Category Manager Position. This position will work out of our Glen Allen, VA Corporate office, and be responsible for overseeing brand management to ensure sales goals are obtained and objectives are reached for specific supplier brands
1. Gather business data from different sources (Nielsen and other third-party vendors, internal, field reports, industry publications, winery internal, etc.), analyze, and provide insight or information sharing to team members as needed.
2. Create thorough and complete business reviews regularly and to be able to present it in a compelling and professional way to senior management and to supplier clients.
3. Understand and balance supplier objectives with Winebow priorities for the US Market.
4. Monitor brand performance to include sale trends, tracking depletions by premise, channel, state, accounts sold, points of distribution, floor stack, and YOY Account Churn.
5. Regularly perform a SWOT analysis for each supplier and make recommendations based on findings.
6. Communicate with wineries on a defined schedule. Update them on market conditions and their sales trends utilizing actual data and industry trends.
7. Prepare market work opportunities for supplier representatives in collaboration with Winebow market visit personnel.
8. Work with Import Contract and Pricing Department to secure item pricing and promotional support through contract process, when appropriate.
9. Assist Compliance Department to obtain final label approval for all items and to ensure proper registration in NA markets.
10. Communicate with Purchasing Department in forecasting future purchases by evaluating rolling 12-month depletions. Prepare reports 6 to 12 months out to ensure supplier can satisfy Winebow needs.
11. Prepare annual budget for programming, trip incentives, etc. with the resources of the suppliers, outside agencies, and the individual manager.
12. Work with Marketing to define and implement incentive programs.
13. Work with Public Relations Department to promote brands through appropriate traditional and social media avenues.
14. Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
15. Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
1. Assist sales team at Trade Shows, Industry and Consumer Wine events around the country.
2. Keep VP informed of projects and task assignments.
3. Provide quarterly calendar indicating schedule by day.
4. Attend educational seminars, industry events, etc. to stay abreast of the market.
5. Follows all safety policies and procedures; communicates hazards and/or suggests improvements to manager.
6. All other duties as assigned.
1. BS Degree Business or other applicable fields. MBA preferred.
2. Prior experience working in the wine industry in either a marketing or sales position.
3. Prior management experience.
4. Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
5. Superior follow through and the ability to handle multiple tasks with limited supervision.
6. Valid Driver’s License
Please submit resumes in one of the following ways:
• E-mail: email@example.com
• Online: http://www.winebow.com/careers.php
• Fax: 866-556-9426
The Winebow Group offers a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. The Winebow Group is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
about The Winebow Group
The Winebow Group comprises national importer and distribution houses that offer comprehensive portfolios of fine wine and spirits from around the world.
The company represents some of the most established, family-owned properties in prominent growing areas, as well as a new generation of winemakers and distillers who are dedicated to innovation and quality.
Led by President and CEO David Townsend, The Winebow Group was created in 2014 with the merger of two prominent industry forces, The Vintner Group and Winebow. Both companies were founded in 1980, grew significantly in recent years, and shared a common culture based on passion, knowledge and outstanding customer service.
By bringing together the best resources and the best practices of each company, The Winebow Group’s financial strength, operational expertise, extended reach, and focus on education provide a unique platform and an unprecedented level of service in the fine wine and spirits sector.
The concept behind The Winebow Group name reflects the coming together of The Vintner Group and Winebow to create a new, unified identity. While the name maintains the legacy of Winebow, it also communicates the concept behind The Vintner Group of bringing together a variety of entities to form a larger group that shares core values and practices.