- Location: North Hollywood, California 91601
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Other
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Coffee
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Director of Sales
- # of Direct Reports: 0-2
- Base Pay: 60,000
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Vehicle Allowance
We are looking for a highly motivated, capable, and enthusiastic Grocery Manager who will help meet and maintain our ambitious growth objectives. The Grocery Manager will work with various grocers and retailers to promote and develop existing Groundwork Coffee programs and cultivate opportunities for new programs.
· Plan, organize, analyze, direct, and control your staff to meet company objectives
· Visit customers’ locations on a scheduled basis, perform basic equipment preventative maintenance, analyze account purchases while looking for opportunities, and prospect for new business
· Develop relationships with retail buyers and managers
· Develop/implement merchandising plans to assist in the marketing and promotion of products at client locations
· Monitor inventory and product dates; work with buyers and managers to keep inventories full and fresh
· Handle customer concerns or issues, maintaining Groundwork’s high customer service standards
· Identify potential retail/grocery customers and develop strategies for placement
· Strong analytical skills required and college degree preferred
· 3-5 years in grocery management or related industry
· Proven track record in managing, training, and directing a highly skilled, motivated, successful and results-oriented grocery team
· Strong leadership qualities with effective communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong understanding of customer, market dynamics and industry trends
· Able to operate in a fast-paced and changing environment
· Positive, solutions-oriented attitude
· Approachable and mindful communication style
· Strategic, organized, and consultative customer approach
· Proven track record of sales/customer service experience
· Must have a valid driver's license
about Groundwork Coffee
For more than 25 years, Groundwork has been a homegrown coffee and tea destination, handcrafting delicious drinks from the finest ingredients. Our borderline-obsessive commitment to each cup and every customer — in warm, inviting cafés that capture the flavor of their neighborhoods — is a fundamental part of our story. Come to think of it, it is our story.
Groundwork rose from the sands of Venice Beach, CA, as a single coffee and tea shop (complete with a custom-built, small-batch roaster) that also sold rare and used books. Local demand soon became so great, we began roasting 24/7 and, wisely, got out of the book business.
Flash-forward a few years: Our single-roaster operation morphed into one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in California and, now, a certified organic roaster in Portland. Our sustainable, relationship-based, organic coffee sourcing set an industry standard, as did our solar-powered, low-emissions roasting technology. Today, we have multiple café locations around L.A. and in Portland, and distribute our coffees and teas throughout the U.S. Our wholesale division, Groundwork Coffee Co., is the leading provider of brewed organic coffee in Southern California and has been the coffee of choice at The Academy Awards®, The Emmy Awards, The Grammy Awards, and countless other shows.