- Brand Name:Sparkling Ice
- Location: Preston, Washington 98050
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Manufacturer
- Categories: Other
- Beverages: Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Director of R&D
- # of Direct Reports: None
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement Plan, Vehicle Allowance
Talking Rain is looking for a Graphic Designer that will focus on innovation that is passionate, creative, energetic and collaborative to join a team that develops great tasting beverages. We are looking for someone that can bring fresh ideas and new perspectives to our company. The Graphic Designer for Innovation will support the R&D team and Talking Rain in the development of a full range of graphics from logo design, to product and packaging design for both exploratory and new products. They will be working closely with the R&D and Marketing team to ensure that our products stand-out in the largest retailers in the world.
- Conception and application of graphic design for packaging of exploratory and new products.
- Brand identity development for new and exploratory products and brands.
- Development of materials for consumer and concept testing.
- Print labels and materials for consumer testing and scale up trials.
- Collaborates with Marketing, Sales, Leadership and other departments to accomplish assigned projects to support Talking Rain’s innovation objectives.
- Creation of renderings of new products and/ or their packaging.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
- Determine necessary needs and equipment for department.
- Plans and tracks project budgets including capital and expense requirements.
- Researches new processes or materials processing technologies for possible new product development.
- Work with supplier network to deliver meaningful impact to the company (cost reduction, innovations, etc.)
- Begin to deliver concepts to Talking Rain to drive additional results (cost savings, innovation, etc.) rather than just executing projects that are given.
- Supports Talking Rain’s Technology strategies by documenting data and independent, unique and patentable ideas that results from experimentations and concept generation activities.
- Gather any legal documents, including laws, regulations and patents, which are necessary for determining the project’s feasibility.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate supervisor of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Interaction and Environment
Reports to: Director of R&D
Direct Reports: None
- Excellent communicator who can express ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in written form. Ability to adapt style, vocabulary, and content to the audience, with effective active listening skills.
- Ability to build and foster relationships internally and externally, at all levels.
- A high degree of flexibility and the ability to work effectively across multiple departments and/or business units.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment, requiring the ability to appropriately manage your time, often while multitasking.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, responding effectively to inquiries.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, balancing multiple priorities under high-pressure.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, occasionally working evenings and weekends as needed for special assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Professional, business-like appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, studying and applying new information.
- Exceptionally high attention to detail.
- Self-motivated problem solver, adept at troubleshooting and resolving problems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not necessary and printing experience a plus.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional full-time design experience.
- Fluent proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- 3D design or motion graphics experience a plus.
about TalkingRain Beverage Company
Founded in 1987 in Seattle, Washington, Talking Rain Beverage Company is an industry leader when it comes to creating and promoting brands using innovative ingredients and ideas.
Our innovative thinking carries over into the Sparkling Ice® beverage line, as we continue to devote extensive time in research and development to perfect the brand experience. Bold taste and bold refreshment, have made Sparkling Ice flavored water one of the fastest-growing non-alcoholic beverages in the country, and we were recently honored as Beverage World’s 2014 Liquid Refreshment Company of the Year.
Talking Rain has been committed to giving back to the community and partnering with cause related organizations since we first opened our doors in 1987 – supporting hundreds of nonprofits across the country.