- Brand Name:Flor de Cana Rum
- Location: Austin, Texas 78703
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Other
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Regional Director, Willliam Grant & Sons
- # of Direct Reports: 0
- Base Pay: Neg
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement Plan
Position Description: Flor de Caña Brand Associate
Company: Next Level – Flor de Caña Rums
Location: Austin, TX
Reports to: William Chesnut (Regional Director William Grant & Sons), with a dotted line to Samuel Fitch (Flor de Caña Regional Manager – North America)
A Flor de Caña Brand Associate’s objective is to champion Rum Flor de Caña’s brand-building efforts and volume-driving activities in the on-premise and through PR/Event sponsorship. The Flor de Caña Brand Associate’s duties include account management, maintaining account relationships, ensuring product distribution, brand visibility, training, education, executing special events and promotions, and tracking and measuring progress.
- Management of brand building efforts and volume driving activities in the on-premise and PR/Events.
- Build strong relationships with key on-premise accounts, distributor management, distributor salesmen, William Grant & Sons management, and Rum Flor de Caña market team.
- Act as a Flor de Caña associate to assigned accounts by selling on-premise strategies into agreed accounts and ensure successful execution.
- Improve Flor de Caña’s on-premise presence by implementing proven merchandising tactics.
- Manage and execute all on-premise account POS branding.
- Assist in the planning and execution of key account promotions.
- Communicate market-specific information from distributor, importer, and key accounts back to the Flor de Caña U.S. Regional Manager.
- Identify and develop additional marketing and/or promotional strategies to capitalize on market opportunities and drive incremental sales.
- Responsible for collecting and submitting quarterly survey reports that include pricing and competitive data.
- Work with Distributor on-premise team to educate them on our brands, to ensure their understanding of our brands and strategies, and to maximize their attention to our brands.
Maintain a regular reporting procedure to William Grant & Sons and to the USA Regional Manager including, but not limited to:
- Weekly to-do’s and past week’s accomplishments
- Distributor and key account relationships
- Competitive activity
- Changes in the market environment
- Assist William Chesnut (WGS Regional Director) and USA Regional Manager with information and other special projects as required.
- Allocate over 90% of time out of the office/home, in the market.
Years of experience: 3+
- Proven ability and experience in the sales, marketing and promotion of fast-moving consumer goods.
- At least 3 years sales experience; minimum 2 year with beverage alcohol products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/marketing preferred. High school education mandatory.
- Computer literary a must (e-mail, Excel or equivalent, Word)
- Must be able to dedicate evenings to on-premise and special event work.
- Spanish fluency mandatory.
- Results oriented. Excellent execution and follow-up.
- Innovative, self-starting and high energy.
- Strong interpersonal skills, tactful and persuasive.
- Good quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function independently, as well as work effectively with all levels of distributor and account personnel.
- Highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
about Next Level Marketing
Next Level is a Westport, CT based marketing and promotion agency focused on building premium beverage brands.
We have a team of 70 full-time beverage professionals supported by over 100 part-time staff operating nationally in 25 key markets.
Our mission is to help a diverse portfolio of both small and large clients successfully achieve their brand building objectives.
We specialize in the selection, training and management of ambassador teams that execute brand building and volume driving activities for our client brands. Next Level provides a full array of services that includes:
- On And Off-Premise Sampling
- Custom Consumer Research
- National Accounts Consulting
- Training And Education
- New Product Launches
- Secret Shopper Programs
- POS Development And Production
- Drink Strategy And Development
- Sales Presentations
- Competitive Surveys And Analysis
- Multicultural Marketing Programs
- Tracking & Measurement Systems