- Location: Cerritos, California 90703
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Distributor
- Categories: Finance/Accounting
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
Manage Sales Division’s financial operations and perform accounting and financial analysis/reporting related to the following areas: forecasting, budgeting, fund management, and pricing strategy. Works closely with Sales Division to improve operational performance and margin management while identifying cost reduction areas. Supports and monitors financial controls, direction, and processes.
- Support the annual financial planning process for SGWS and client (annual and ongoing Volume, Net, and GP forecasts).
- Provide monthly/quarterly/FY close recaps (Volume/NSV/GP) to senior management with commentary.
- Collaborate with Trade Development and leverage internal pricing analytics tool to analyze, define, and enter pricing
- Manage all entity grants and bank fund budgets with monthly reconciliation, spend tracking, reporting, and analysis with commentary. Review all discount spending for accuracy, rate per case compliance, timely accruals, and ROI improvement.
- Partner with Trade Development team to optimize brand portfolio with margin management and pre/post analysis of discount spends/programs. Leverage analytics to influence pricing and promotional decisions.
- Lead initiatives with Sales Division in areas of pricing/pulsing, phasing/gaming, and price increases. Review proposed new/updated price grids. Perform pricing analytics to understand effect on brand mix/gross margin to provide insightful recommendations to Sales Division leadership.
- Communicate preliminary Sales projections based on initial phasing for Inventory / Purchasing.
- Participate in annual P&L development and Sales Plans with client.
- Identify key trends which could impact our way of doing business and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Break down numerous and complex data and frame it into clear insights and commentary.
- Define effective action plans based on in-depth analysis considering both the short and long term impact of options.
- Know client’s brands and categories positioning in the local market.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting. MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in Finance/Accounting positions.
- Preferred experience with SAP Financial Systems and complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to influence across function.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to multi-task with tight deadlines.
about Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits
Who are we?
Officially, we're known as Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits. But ask any of our customers, suppliers or team members, and they'll tell you we're not just a company—we're a group of people who enjoy each other's company. Especially when we're working toward the common goal of helping you grow your business.
We seek to provide more than supply chain solutions or an unparalleled selection of world-class wines and spirits. We strive to provide superior service for customers and suppliers like you at every step. Because each of us understands that the best way to do business is with people you trust. And beyond that, with people you like.
To be the world's preeminent selling, logistics and data insights company for alcoholic beverages.
To exceed all expectations of our trading partners with outstanding sales, service and results, through innovative strategies, unmatched relationships, cutting-edge technology and the industry's best trained and most talented team.
Building on our multi-generational heritage, team members think and act like owners while treating each other with respect, camaraderie and transparency. Integrity, intellect and ingenuity guide our decisions and our relationships with suppliers, customers and each other.
F - Fulfill the potential of our suppliers and customers
A - Aspire to excellence
M - Mission and Vision driven
I - Integrity and inclusiveness are our hallmarks
L - Leadership in everything we do
Y - You are critical to our success