- Location: Houston, Texas 77002
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Broker
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Contract
- Reports to: President and Director of Sales
- # of Direct Reports: 0
Dynamic Sales and Marketing company seeks an energetic and experienced sales star to join our team to act as the face and resident expert on all brands in our portfolio in the Chicago area. This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with accounts and distributor, increasing placements and menu listings on behalf of the company, and continuing momentum through training and account support. Will be responsible for identifying and participating in special events that generates buzz and ultimate pull through. The ideal candidate will bring knowledge of fine wine (domestic and imports) along with sales finesse and professionalism in order to execute sales for our growing company. Established on/off premise account contacts and relationships in Texas A MUST. Must be comfortable with sales calls, distributor meetings, and hitting the streets to visit accounts. The right candidate is well versed in the ins and outs of the industry and will be ready-to-go when familiarized with the brands. Looking for a turn-key candidate. PLEASE DO APPLY IF YOU DON’T MEET THE ABOVE QUALIFICATIONS.
• Work with Sales Director to develop specific goals and budgets based on market.
• Distribution and training are generally the number one goal for the first 6 months of a new market, followed by menu placement. Once a specified area or neighborhood has achieved a strong level of trained distribution, consumer tasting activity becomes the focus.
• Record all activity and feedback adhering to monthly deadlines, develop creative solutions to problems, share learnings that can be helpful to other markets.
• Work with distributor reps in market (ride-withs) to generate incremental placements that will need to be followed up with a training.
• Develop local events/incentives to effectively create buzz within the key accounts
• Act as the lead informational promotional manager in your market. Develop and Train 2-3 “back-ups” to assist with larger events as well as account visits outside your ability to support
• Ingrain yourself in the Sommelier/Mixology/Bar community, maintain a positive pulse for the company, be the local expert.
• Use social media to promote your promotions!
• Assist with Media requests
• Provide timely reports to track successes, issues and market dynamics. (expense and feedback report format will be provided)
• Act as eyes and ears in your territory: present suitable brand opportunities to your supervisor(s) as they present themselves
The Ideal Candidate
• Passionate, self- motivated, creative, responsible;
• Adheres to deadlines;
• Proactive communicator;
• Comfortable speaking to small groups and being seen as an expert;
• Easily adaptable to new situations and environments;
• Established in the industry from either/or accounts, sales, events or mixology experience;
• Well versed in the Wine and Craft Spirits category and eager to learn more;
• Great with people- from bartenders to distributors to consumers;
• Event Management or Promotional background a plus.
The company offers the Field Sales Agent a base monthly pay, plus commissions on depletions. This is an independent contractor position with the potential of growth. Contractor will receive a bonus for achieving additional activity goals based on his/her market which will be paid additionally on a per activity basis. Limited travel and entertainment expense budget is provided. Sales Agent will be provided specific direction on number of monthly promotions allowable and/or budget.
Must be over 21 and legal US Citizen with valid driver’s license. College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Position available for hire immediately, accommodations will be made for the right person.
Please send cover letter and resume.