- Location: Los Angeles, California 90001
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Manufacturer
- Categories: Marketing
- Beverages: Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Regional Field Marketing Manager
- # of Direct Reports: 5
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement Plan
Talking Rain is looking for Field Marketing Manager in Los Angeles to bring the Sparkling Ice brand to life through execution of the national brand marketing objectives, strategies, and tactical programs. The FMM will develop and support dynamic consumer sampling opportunities, working in tandem with Sales team counterparts to ensure the achievement of joint goals. This is a great opportunity for a creative, autonomous leader to make her or his mark.
- Day to day management of memorable, engaging, on brand consumer trials that grow awareness through word of mouth buzz
- Connect, build relationships and seed product with regional influencers and like-minded locally relevant organizations, media and influencer brands
- Research, negotiate, and execute regional sponsorship opportunities
- Analyze event activations to gauge impact and ROI
- Own the recruiting, hiring, training, and management of Refreshment Specialist team members, the face of our brand to consumers
- Actively participate in meetings with local sales team and distributors to align marketing & sales strategies and communicate best practices
- Build and execute annual defined market marketing plan
- Complete and update reports, including monthly documents for budgets, expenses, and product forecasting, as well as daily event and sampling recaps
- Process invoices in a timely manner in cooperation with the Finance team
- Negotiate warehouse lease agreements and maintenance
- Manage company vehicles, including registration, tags, insurance, and maintenance
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations and permits and process certificates of insurance as required by events
- Establish goals, identify priorities, provide direction, give the necessary tools and resources and recognize accomplishments in a timely manner
- Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate supervisor of any food safety and/or quality issues
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
Interaction and Environment
Reports to: Regional Field Marketing Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
- Excellent communicator who can express ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in written form. Ability to adapt style, vocabulary, and content to the audience, with effective active listening skills.
- Ability to build and foster relationships internally and externally, at all levels.
- Critical thinking, ability to analyze and synthesize data and deliver relevant information to enable solution oriented decision-making, and achievement of strategic and operational goals.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment, requiring the ability to appropriately manage your time, often while multitasking.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, responding effectively to inquiries and situations.
- Professional, business-like appearance and demeanor.
- Exceptionally high attention to detail.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, working evenings and weekends as needed for assignments.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of grassroots and brand marketing experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of direct people management
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
about Talking Rain
Founded in 1987 in Seattle, Washington, Talking Rain Beverage Company is an industry leader when it comes to creating and promoting brands using innovative ingredients and ideas.
Our innovative thinking carries over into the Sparkling Ice® beverage line, as we continue to devote extensive time in research and development to perfect the brand experience. Bold taste and bold refreshment, have made Sparkling Ice flavored water one of the fastest-growing non-alcoholic beverages in the country, and we were recently honored as Beverage World’s 2014 Liquid Refreshment Company of the Year.
Talking Rain has been committed to giving back to the community and partnering with cause related organizations since we first opened our doors in 1987 – supporting hundreds of nonprofits across the country.