- Location: Norwalk, Connecticut 06854
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Promotional Agency
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Spirits
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Activation Director
- # of Direct Reports: 5
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement Plan, Vehicle Allowance
Job DescriptionField Manager – Home Office
Purpose of Role:Manage a team of On Premise Specialists in CT and NJ who are responsible for driving brand and business initiatives in target accounts delivering programs for retail accounts, bar staff and consumers.
The Field Manager will be responsible for performance of the On Premise team with their assigned territory. The overall program objective is to increase awareness and drive consumer trial in the On-Premise for the core brands.
Through the direction of the Division Director and Inspira Agency, the FM is held accountable for executing localized programming that is targeted toward the profile consumer and aligns with the field objectives. FMs will be tasked with thinking creativity, within the framework of a program, to extend and amplify the campaign execution. Additionally, the ideal manager will be able to assemble a staff of committed, brand educated, On Premise Specialists to execute the year long programming in an effort to engage consumers with the core brands.
- Management of Activation within Assigned Territory. Hire, Train & Manage team of 10-12 Promotional Specialists and ensure the OPS’s are hitting performance metrics
- Program Oversight. Plan, track and measure KPI data for all Specialists within the territory. Report feedback to Division Director.
- Brand & Category Education and Training. Attend brand training and understand all core brands at the "consumer event" level through promotional assets, whether the events are at on/off premise accounts or other type of venue. Be able to fill in for an On Premise Specialist if required.
- Point of Sale Management. As a part of program execution, the OPS’s will receive POS allocations. It will be your responsibility to coordinate the distribution and ensure the teams are leveraging both consumer & account POS.
- Cultivate Brand Opportunities. As a local market expert, seek out opportunities within the markets to feature our promotional resources and partner with the brand portfolio.
- Travel and Work Withs. Travel within the assigned territory to work with OPS’s to visit accounts and engage with consumers, and trade.
- Field Marketing Relationships. Communicate regularly with local distributors and Diageo field sales team to report market highlights and share key learnings.
- Social Media. Working knowledge of relevant social media channels. Communicate brand activities through social media via tools provided.
- Insights. Source for consumer/channel/competitive insights – feeds local market intelligence up through the organization. Participates with the Brand/Regional environmental analysis and collaborates with brand territory/brand teams to develop innovative programs and ideas.
- College Degree with focus on Communications, Marketing, Business
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of Business or Agency experience, preferably in the Spirits/Beer industry
- Experience managing field teams and working from home
- Distributor or Broker experience is a plus
- Proven strong customer relationship experience
- Expert working knowledge of P & L and budget management
- Knowledge of Liquor Regulations, rules, market trends and competition is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Persuasive selling and negotiation skills are required to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Experience in leading, coaching and developing a team
This full-time role offers a competitive salary plus a bonus, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including company-paid medical, dental, vision, 401k and PTO.
Inspira Marketing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, current employment status or protected veteran status.
about Inspira Marketing Group
We are a consumer engagement agency that
expertly activates Brands at the exact moment of need, desire, and passion.
We don’t just act, we activate – delivering carefully researched, quality crafted experiential campaigns that are custom fit to the essence of the brand promise and, most importantly its target audience, at just the right time and place.
Inspira is evolving the successful approach to experiential marketing by:
- Going Beyond the Demographics
- We develop a richer and more robust understanding of our targeted consumer by moving beyond typical demographics to deep-dive, get-your-feet-on-the-ground-and-your-hands-dirty ethnographics that position us within the target audience so that we can effectively and efficiently usher the brand into perfect position.
- Turning Insights into Action
- We create meaningful and memorable engagements by drawing on these ethnographies, as well as a database of the outcomes of tens-of-thousands of consumer interactions and carefully curated exit interviews, and through real-time strategic assessments and informed tactical adjustments.
- Offering a Real Return on Investment Brand activation is more than measuring foot traffic and samples distributed. We look at an aggregation of Reach, Impact, and ROI through a proprietary process the produces real numbers and a real advantage. Inspira is leading the way by committing to an investment in measuring real returns so our clients can enjoy the maximum return on investment.