- Location: Los Angeles, California 90068
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Spirits
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
The Division Vice President is a senior Sales role responsible for overseeing the business planning, development and execution of an assigned division, ensuring the delivery of profitable growth through effective distributor management and market plan execution. This role is the key point of contact for senior level Distributor leadership in the assigned area to effectively develop and execute the annual Sales plan. The Division Vice President works in conjunction with the Area and State Managers to optimize tactical spend in a way that drives profitable brand growth. The effectiveness of this role will be judged by a variety of key performance indicators:
- Profitable growth
- Growth at or above market trends
- Volume & gross margin achievement
- Team effectiveness and people leadership
- Distributor partnership and plan execution
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
Planning & Forecasting
- Establish an annual business plan to meet target volume and profit goals for assigned areas, partnering with Trade Marketing to leverage effective trade programming.
- Monitor plan to performance and develop contingency and gap closing alternatives as needed.
- Monitor market conditions to proactively mitigate issues and to capitalize on share and profit growth opportunities.
- Submit updates to plan and forecast throughout the year as needed.
Budget & Pricing
- Responsible for the area P&L
- Work with Commercial Finance to review pricing strategies to ensure optimal ROI on investment spend.
- Ensure pricing structures are in place to optimize Campari profitability while managing Distributor margin and maintaining brand integrity and positioning.
- Establish annual budget to support the execution of approved plan.
- Monitor spend and adjust as needed to achieve appropriate profitability.
- Oversee the establishment, maintenance, and local monitoring of deferred discount and/or Distributor banks.
- Provide operating financial parameters to team and monitor to ensure compliance.
- Manage brand deferred discount levels and tactical budgets to achieve operational leverage.
- Directly responsible for leading the development and effective management of key senior level management relationships across all Distributor partners to ensure appropriate focus and optimization of the Campari portfolio, growth and profitably.
- Drive Distributor performance to plan, proactively identifying gaps and implement corrective action plans as needed.
- Set and develop materials for Distributor Business Review Meetings – lead discussions and ensure follow-up as needed.
- Evaluate and monitor Distributor team management as executed by Campari Area, State Manager(s) or District Managers as applicable.
- Drive the development of effective market assessments and convert to effective business plans that drive profitable growth.
- Manages new product introductions to ensure on target shipments and depletions. Actively coordinates with Brand Management and/or Trade Marketing to optimize programs for successful in market launch plans
- Partner with the On Premise and National Account teams to ensure the smooth coordination and execution of key trade programs.
- Leverage Trade Marketing to effectively implement the trade marketing programs to drive profitable growth.
- Proactively monitor key area account activity and drive opportunistic growth.
People Management & Team Development
- Trains and develops talent to reach a “best in class” sales force.
- Manage the performance of direct reports to ensure on target delivery of objectives and key priorities.
- Recruit and retain high performing talent ensuring appropriate annual performance and development plans are in place.
- Coach and mentor others.
- Ten to Fifteen (10-15) years of alcohol beverage sales experience in progressively responsible roles.
- Experience in managing a direct team of senior sales executives.
- Budget and pricing responsibilities.
Education / Professional Qualifications
- Four year college/university degree with a focus in Business Administration preferred.
- Advanced degree a plus.
- Exceptional Sales leadership skills with demonstrated ability to grow a profitable business.
- Strong command of effective Distributor leadership skills, influencing action to meet/exceed the business plan.
- Strong understanding of the alcohol beverage category and a proven ability to successfully manage a growing business through multiple Distributor points of contact.
- Ability to analyze “what if” models to assess impact of pricing and program opportunities.
- Sound understanding of business financials and experience in managing to a budget.
- Proven ability to manage distributor teams and execute business plans reflecting year-on-year growth.
- Experience in planning and managing new product launches.
- Familiarity with product sales – ability to develop compelling selling stories to grow distribution and volume sales.
- Analytics – ability to take large amounts of data and mine the key insights that are helpful in developing a compelling sales presentation.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and experience in working with a multi-brand portfolio.
- Results oriented; thrives in a dynamic; fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Excellent Analytics – ability to take large amounts of data and mine the key insights that are helpful in developing a compelling sales presentation.
- Experience in the utilization of pricing, forecasting and other Sales tracking and monitoring tools.
- Proven ability to manage a team with strong retention and development results.
- Experience in managing through new team “start-ups” – establishing clear roles and responsibilities, motivating and energizing the team around a common set of objectives to deliver strong results.
- Coach, mentor and develop performance of others to meet standards and drive effective results.
Essential Job Functions
- Read, analyze and interpret data from a variety of data sources (on line, print etc)
- Prepare and present effective presentations – compelling teams to action
- Frequent travel 50-75% of the time
about Campari America
Campari America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. (Reuters CPRI.MI - Bloomberg CPR IM), together with its affiliates Gruppo Campari. At the heart of Campari America are two legends in the American spirits industry. The first, Skyy Spirits, was founded in San Francisco back in 1992 by the entrepreneur who invented iconic SKYY Vodka. The second is the world-famous Wild Turkey Distillery in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, where they have been making the world’s finest whiskies since the 1800’s. Both companies were purchased by Davide Campari-Milano and together they form Campari America, which has built a portfolio unrivaled in its quality, innovation and style, making it a top choice among distributors, retailers and consumers.
Campari America manages Gruppo Campari’s portfolio in the US with such leading brands as SKYY® Vodka, SKYY Infusions®, Campari®, Wild Turkey® Straight Kentucky Bourbon, American Honey®, Russell’s Reserve®, Glen Grant® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Cabo Wabo® Tequila, Espolón® Tequila, Ouzo 12®, X-Rated® Fusion Liqueur®, Frangelico®, Cynar®, Carolans Irish Cream®, Irish Mist® Liqueur, Sagatiba® Cachaça and Jean-Marc XO Vodka®.
Campari America is headquartered in San Francisco, California. More information on the company can be found at www.campariamerica.com, www.facebook.com/campariamerica, Twitter: @CampariAmerica andwww.camparigroup.com. Please enjoy Campari America brands responsibly and in moderation.