- Location: Arlington, Virginia 22206
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Beer
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
about this job
YUENGLING BREWERY seeks experienced beer industry applicants for District Sales Manager, Virginia/Maryland/DC. Interested applicants should submit resume AND salary requirements below.
Summary of Responsibility: Develop and implement, at wholesale and retail levels, programs addressing
sales, distribution and promotional opportunities. Implements approved
business plans in assigned areas of responsibility to grow the Yuengling
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and develops local market plans to meet sales objectives with Regional Sales Manager.
- Maintain regular call frequency with wholesalers as assigned by Regional Sales Manager.
- Builds rapport and support of wholesaler management/sales team for stated Yuengling sales objectives.
- Provides direction and support to assigned distributors, managing retail execution plans and activities for assigned markets.
- Conducts regular sales and planning meetings with assigned wholesaler sales team and/or sales management in accordance with Regional Sales Manager.
- Ensures wholesalers maintain adequate product inventory levels and demonstrates proper inventory rotation within Yuengling guidelines.
- Maintain regular call frequency with assigned retail on/off premise category manager call points and retail field sales managers as assigned by Regional Sales Manager.
- Submits to Regional Sales Manager for review/approval all written communication to wholesalers and presentations to retail category managers
- Accurate records of current market pricing must be maintained and updated along with an updated wholesaler file of current Yuengling price to retailer by package.
- Maintain up to date records of competitive pricing.
- Conduct bi-annual price surveys with each wholesaler. Compare Yuengling NR and Can pricing vs. key domestic competitors. Survey provided by Regional Sales Manager.
- Initiate corrective action to improve Yuengling pricing in all on and off premise accounts.
- Identifies and develops programs for under performing packages.
- Develop annual distribution targets by brand/by package for all wholesalers to be submitted to Regional Sales Manager.
- Create account target list by wholesaler for key packages in order to improve distribution and generate new business for the brewery.
- Submit distribution progress reports as assigned by Regional Sales Manager.
- Establish annual point-of-sale budget with each wholesaler to be approved by Regional Sales Manager.
- Monitor trimester wholesaler point-of-sale spend vs. budget
- Manages and supervises the allocation of all point-of-sale materials with assigned wholesalers
- Identify and ensure wholesaler support material is adequately maintained on a monthly basis.
- Engage point-of-sale commitments and encourage merchandising efforts while in retail trade.
- Regularly assembles and positions point-of-sale at retail.
- Conduct trimester reviews against the Annual Business Plan. To include:
- Distribution progress
- YTD sales volume, market pricing
- price surveys, and budget spending
- Corrective action plan will be formulated if necessary.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and BEER RELATED SALES EXPERIENCE are necessary.
- Desire to build knowledge and skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; good listening skills; group presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plans work activities; attentive to details; effective time management; sets goals and objectives.
- Follows instructions, responds appropriately to management direction; self starter.
- Takes independent actions and calculated risks.
- Displays creativity and original thinking.
- Team player.
- Valid driver’s license required with excellent driving record.
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work hours as required.
- Must be available for overnight travel and occasional weekend promotions.
- Must have solid computer knowledge and skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 35 pounds.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as requested, directed or assigned by management.