- Location: San Jose, California 95101
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Spirits
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: State Manager
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
Campari America is offering a chance for you to be part of a sales transformation journey aimed at unlocking the high volume growth potential of our dynamic, profitable portfolio. We are a uniquely passionate company winning with an influential spirits portfolio for mixologists and distributors with brands like Campari, Grand Marnier, SKYY, Wild Turkey, Appleton, and Espolon to name a few. This is your opportunity to be a part of a supplier where you have a chance to be creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial in a leading cutting edge sales organization.
Not only will you play in the luxury, premium space; this role offers you a rare opportunity to manage and be accountable for advance distribution and presence in the U.S. market. You will work closely with distributor partners and interact with marketing to help continue the vision of becoming a new industry benchmark for delivering our consumers memorable brand experiences. If you have demonstrated experience with sales in Spirits, Beer or Wine and/or a leading luxury U.S. consumer products brand, we want to hear from you.
SUMMARY ROLE DESCRIPTION:
The District Manager is responsible for ensuring the execution of sales plans within an assigned territory within a State through a focus on Distributor team and key account management.
GENERAL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements plans and activities to ensure assigned Distributor teams have the information needed to execute successfully against the Campari portfolio plans and to meet assigned depletion and account growth goals.
- Follows up and develops plans to address market gaps and Distributor performance issues.
- Effectively leverages Distributor teams to support key account activities as needed.
- Trains and assists distributor sales personnel to conduct brand presentations to key on-premise staff at targeted accounts to insure the proper implementation of brand strategies for all brands.
- Approximately 30% of the time is expected to be spent on Distributor Management activities.
Key Account Management:
- Develops strong working relationships with key accounts (on and off) in assigned geography.
- Provides key accounts with compelling selling stories and/or programming initiatives to grow distribution, shelf management, and depletion activity.
- Identifies new key account opportunities and develops compelling selling stories and/or programming initiatives to grow distribution, shelf management, and depletion activity.
- Delivers fact based selling presentations to on and off-premise sub channels.
- Ensures the execution of in market programs in targeted key accounts.
- Approximately 70% of District Manager time should be allocated to key trade accounts.
Budget & Planning:
- Responsible for managing within an assigned budget
- May contribute/input to the annual budget planning cycle.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree required-preferably in Business Administration or some related field of study.
- Three to five years’ experience with on and off-premise alcoholic beverages sales experience.
- Experience working in a 3 tier distribution market preferred.
- Sound understanding of business financials and experience in managing to a budget.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key customers & stakeholders.
- Familiarity with product sales – ability to develop compelling selling stories to grow distribution and volume sales
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and experience in working with a multi-brand portfolio.
- Results oriented; thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Able to work effectively with teams – driving results through others
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to work weekends and extended workdays (generally 3+ nights per week for on-premise account development & programming)
- Make in person presentations – communicating verbally information about Campari’s brands and portfolio
- Access on-line data and review/analyze for information and opportunities within key accounts & assigned geography
- Ability to travel within assigned geography – generally 2-4 days per week
- Must have a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver's license
about Campari America
Campari America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. (Reuters CPRI.MI - Bloomberg CPR IM), together with its affiliates Gruppo Campari. At the heart of Campari America are two legends in the American spirits industry. The first, Skyy Spirits, was founded in San Francisco back in 1992 by the entrepreneur who invented iconic SKYY Vodka. The second is the world-famous Wild Turkey Distillery in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, where they have been making the world’s finest whiskies since the 1800’s. Both companies were purchased by Davide Campari-Milano and together they form Campari America, which has built a portfolio unrivaled in its quality, innovation and style, making it a top choice among distributors, retailers and consumers.
Campari America manages Gruppo Campari’s portfolio in the US with such leading brands as SKYY® Vodka, SKYY Infusions®, Campari®, Wild Turkey® Straight Kentucky Bourbon, American Honey®, Russell’s Reserve®, Glen Grant® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Cabo Wabo® Tequila, Espolón® Tequila, Ouzo 12®, X-Rated® Fusion Liqueur®, Frangelico®, Cynar®, Carolans Irish Cream®, Irish Mist® Liqueur, Sagatiba® Cachaça and Jean-Marc XO Vodka®.
Campari America is headquartered in San Francisco, California. More information on the company can be found at www.campariamerica.com, www.facebook.com/campariamerica, Twitter: @CampariAmerica andwww.camparigroup.com. Please enjoy Campari America brands responsibly and in moderation.