- Location: Seattle, Washington 98101
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Distributor
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Director of Sales
- # of Direct Reports: 5
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement Plan, Vehicle Allowance
Coming off of another strong year of revenue growth and increased market share, we are adding team members that possess our passion for excellence and love of great wine, beer and spirits. If you are a brand builder, people mover and thrive on conquering challenges, we may have a spot for you in 2017.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the District Manager will oversee 5 direct reports responsible for key on and off-premise business channels and all commodities. The candidate will have exceptional leadership abilities, superior organizational skills, advanced communication skills, extensive knowledge of wine, beer and spirits and a proven record of motivating sales teams to achieve their assigned goals.
- Execute CWD long-term sales and marketing strategic vision within assigned territories for all commodities
- Maintain sales team budget for revenue and expenses, ensuring that the team has all tools necessary to achieve assigned goals
- Train, coach, and motivate direct reports to deliver expected results on sales and distribution KPIs in the market. Conduct formal, and informal, training and development of sales representatives through regularly scheduled in-field work, preplanned supplier trade activity, market surveys, continuing education modules and regular team meetings
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual business plan by sales territory, down to account level detail, to execute brand and consumer strategy and to deliver business metrics, including incentive performance, brand focus goal and revenue attainment
- Take ownership of relationship building activities with buyers for all strategic accounts
- Maintain knowledge of market conditions, including all competitors and brands. Report monthly on competitive activity, programs, pricing and structure as it impacts market dynamics and competitive route to market
- Insure all marketing and sales trade activity meet both Click and supplier brand standards, as well as national and state regulations
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional commodity knowledge in Wine, Beer and Spirits
- An extensive Rolodex of key buyers on-premise in Seattle and surrounding DMA
- A minimum of five years proven sales and sales management experience in beverage distribution or wholesaler-supplier leadership position is required
- College degree or equivalent is preferred / High School Diploma required
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills allowing the candidate to fluidly manage up and down the organizational chart and through a diverse cross-section of customers types
- Full understanding of how to teach a professional approach to the selling process including business math, negotiation skills, selling for value and overcoming objections
- Ability to multi-task, work a flexible schedule and handle a number of different priorities on a 24 hour time-frame
- Highly developed technical skills - proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) and CWD Encompass reporting tool
- Lift and carry a 55+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
- Possess a dependable vehicle, valid driver's license, proof of state registration and insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Work flexible hours, evening and weekends. Available for overnight travel.
about Click Wholesale Distributing
Click Wholesale Distributing has been one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the State of Washington. We have shown strong double digit growth each of our 12 years in business as a wholesaler of specialty Beer, Wine and Spirits. We offer an excellent benefits package including Medical/Vision/Dental insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, sick, holidays and more. We pride ourselves in our excellent customer service, knowledgeable, talented and passionate team and our extensive portfolio of domestic and imported premium wines, beer and spirits. Most importantly though, we value the high level of Esprit de Corps that the whole Click team lives and demonstrates every day.