- Brand Name:Banfi Vintners
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19019
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Importer
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Wine
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Regional Manager
- # of Direct Reports: 0
Responsible for directing, communicating, motivating, organizing, and controlling execution of company and supplier goals through the assigned personnel to achieve optimum sales on Banfi’s brand portfolio. Responsible for communicating to Regional Manager the status and needs of District managers and customers. Residency is Philadelphia PA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Current duties may be changed if job requires and/or additional duties may be assigned if necessary.
Responsible for managing Banfi Vintners portfolio of products within designated markets including district managers, distributors and the trade.
Responsible for executing the volume and profit plan for assigned designated markets.
- Develops and motivates district managers, manages performance and focuses sales team on selling brands to market potential.
- Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all sales efforts in specified markets.
- Accountable for meeting annual volume and profit plan; and for managing and allocating trade spending and total sales expense.
- Take active role in assessing district manager and distributor performance, including addressing poor performance issues.
- Manage and develop district managers and wholesalers’ capabilities to adopt and implement Banfi’s brand strategies and objectives through effective execution of the Banfi Way “Sales Process”.
- Insure that Banfi’s customers are managing Banfi’s brand strategies to the trade.
- Call on retail, on premise, and chain accounts in conjunction with the distributor or Banfi district manager.
- Possess thorough knowledge of products, wine industry, competitive brands and markets.
- Cultivate cross department relationships within the company, especially between sales and marketing, to carry out Banfi’s brand strategies. Adherence to executive directions is a critical part of the job.
- Exercise appropriate behavior with Banfi’s Suppliers, always representing supplier brands in the best and most professional manner.
- Exercise the highest level of fiduciary duty to the company in all financial matters including budgets, promotional spending and every aspect of the Company’s business.
- Job execution will break into the following components:
- 30 % of time spent planning, organizing, directing, and controlling execution.
- 50 % of time spent with Banfi and Distributor managers and the trade.
20 % administrative, preplanning, and follow up.
A four-year college degree and/or equivalent work experience enabling the incumbent to perform job responsibilities as required. (Equivalent work experience could include supplier, distributor sales or wine industry management jobs)
- Good written communication skills. Incumbent must possess the ability to develop and provide all necessary written reports, correspondence and presentations necessary to satisfy job requirements.
Good oral communication and interpersonal skills. Incumbent must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Incumbent must articulate in a professional and personable manner in order to be a strong leader and partner to Banfi Customers and Trade.
Ability to have fluent knowledge of PC, working within Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel and any other company software is critical to the success of this position.
- Mathematical skills: Incumbent must have the ability to calculate and interpret financial data which effects everyday Banfi business
For certain markets multi-language skills are required or would be a plus, i.e. Italian or Spanish (if required this will be identified during the recruitment process).
Interpretive skills: Incumbent must possess the ability to define problems, establish facts and collect data to interpret issues, draw valid conclusions from the data and recommend solutions to the business problem. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of statistical information.
about Banfi Vintners
As a privately held, family run business, Banfi Vintners is a close-knit group of people who take pride in the company's history of success. With over 1/3 of its employees at 10 or more years of experience within the company, Banfi functions as a dynamic team working closely with active family proprietors to maintain and build on this success. Banfi offers an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as the opportunity for further advancement. The company has a strong policy of promoting from within to fill new and vacated positions, but also attracts highly qualified individuals from various sides of the industry. The friendly atmosphere, stellar reputation, and broad-based portfolio of quality wines make the people at Banfi thrive.