- Location: New York City, New York 10036
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Director of Sales
- # of Direct Reports: 5
To deliver excellent performance against the Diageo Beer Company portfolio through effective management of large wholesaler, key customers and local DBC agencies.
- Own P&L for the defined area
- Responsible for approximately 1,200,000 cases
- Deliver agreed-upon ABP depletion targets. Meet annual, quarterly and monthly execution targets
- Deliver shipments based on contractual DSI obligations
- Manage trade A&P and trade price budgets for the defined area based on agreed-upon rate per case
- Negotiate and maximize Beer & PAB wholesaler investment and evaluate impact of local activity
- Develop and identify sales forecasts and budgets using historical data, trends and investments levels
People Management Responsibilities:
- Management of 1 wholesaler with frequent interaction across all functions -Owner/Senior Management, Sales and Marketing teams and Operations
- Reports to Sales Director
- Manage team of 3 direct reports
- Indirect management of 3rd party activation agencies (Inspira/MKTG)
Complexity of Role:
- Lead the planning of the Diageo National Execution Plan (NEP) via wholesaler execution against annual, quarterly and monthly business plan targets.
- Set goals and measure performance using internal resources, ie. Annual Business Planning Tool, Quarterly Business Reviews, Monthly Communication Meetings, Distributor Scorecard, Local A&P ROI, Monthly Flash Depletion Reports, Anaplan forecasting model
- Market complexity is HIGH including 3 direct reports, 3 indirect reports via 3rd party agencies, significant Chain influence and a high investment market with heavy program execution expectations
- Analyze and plan wholesaler business- annually, quarterly and monthly
- Develop wholesaler/retailer goals for Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Price, Promotion and Persuasion (QDVP3)
- Develop and Deliver the Guinness Quality plans
- Create and implement incentives to motivate wholesalers to execute against the key sales drivers by brand for the entire area.
- Plan and manage investment (Beer & PABs)
- Plan and execute kick-off meetings for new innovation and programming initiatives as needed
- Negotiate suggested price structures with wholesaler to execute against suggested pricing strategies
- Analyze on/off premise channels to effectively plan and execute promotional activities
- Work with National Account and Retail Chain teams to coordinate key account planning at wholesalers within the areas of responsibility.
- Identify local growth opportunities that tie into the NEP
- Provide grounded market insights including industry dynamics and competitive information
Undergraduate degree required. MBA preferred. Must have proven track record of distributor management, people development, idea generation, market development, and fact-based selling.
Tier 1/major market wholesaler management; consumer need states; retail sales in chain grocery, independent liquor, and on-premise; thorough understanding of wholesaler operations; proven influencing skills. Thorough understanding of competitive activity, market dynamics, and Quality standards. Understanding and application of data analysis. Uses and executes metrics to measure performance
People management, Persuasive selling, negotiation; problem-solving; planning/organizing; proficiency in Microsoft office; financial acumen; superior written and electronic communication; extreme abilities to influence internal and external stakeholders; possess a positive outlook; excellent negotiator; exhibits independence, resiliency, and tenacity. Process oriented. Understands and applies interdependencies across functions. Self-starter, forward thinking change agent.
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and beer. Many of our brands have been around for generations, while some have been developed more recently to meet new consumer tastes and experiences. Our great range of brands and geographic spread means that people can celebrate with our products at every occasion no matter where they are in the world. This is why 'celebrating life every day, everywhere' is at the core of what we do.
Trading in approximately 180 markets, we employ over 20,000 talented people around the world. With offices in 80 countries, we also have manufacturing facilities across the globe including Great Britain, Ireland, United States, Canada, Spain, Italy, Africa, Latin America, Australia, India and the Caribbean. And the people who work for us across these markets really care for the legacy of each of our brands. We want them to be enjoyed by consumers for generations to come, which means we also take our role as a producer of alcohol very seriously. Diageo is at the forefront of industry efforts to promote responsible drinking.