- Brand Name:The Lagunitas Brewing Co.
- Location: Petaluma, California 94954
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Brewing
- Beverages: Beer
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: CMO
- # of Direct Reports: 100
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement Plan, Vehicle Allowance
Job DescriptionThe Director of Event Marketing will lead a team of event & field marketeers that serve as the backbone of the marketing organization as a key connection with consumers. This creative leader works closely with the Regional Marketing teams to develop and execute local marketing plans that drive brand and community engagement. Develops a marketing mix consisting of regional events and community-based programs to continue to grow our brand awareness and affinity.
What you'll do:
- Leads the Regional Marketing team in the flawless delivery and execution of sponsored, owned and on-site events.
- Ensures Events teams research, identify, negotiate, execute and evaluate programs based on company objectives and target consumers.
- Works cross-functionally to ensure optimal guest experience, consistency of brand message and visuals and regional relevancy.
- Ensures team delivers executional excellence through a disciplined project management approach.
- Leads, communicates, and collaborates across all external partners and vendors to translate our event marketing strategy and ensures seamless delivery of events.
- Works with On-Site Marketing Managers to maximize the impact of partner and consumer visits to all Lagunitas breweries and locations.
- Ensures on-site experiences align with overall company hospitality approach and values.
- Identifies and develops tools for tracking, measuring and reporting all Field Marketing activities against business objectives; Regular review and negotiation of contracts.
- Responsible for budget management including contract negotiations, allocation, accurate and timely forecasts and analysis of budget.
What we're lookin' for:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in sponsorship or event marketing and production.
- Demonstrated, strong leadership skills with a minimum of 5 years managing large teams remotely.
- Demonstrated capacity to cultivate strong relationships in and outside of the organization.
- Proven ability to think strategically in developing marketing strategies, tactics & initiatives.
- Strong passion for Lagunitas and knowledge of the craft beer business. Outgoing and high energy; enjoys high volume of public interaction; positive attitude and strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and collaborate effectively with event producers and vendors.
- Demonstrates integrity, mature judgment in handling all matters.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills; works well under pressure.
- Awareness of trends in festivals (i.e. music, beer, food, art).
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
about The Lagunitas Brewing Company
From points distant and beyond we all converged on Petaluma in 1993 and ’94 with an unenunciated desire to be more than we were before. The core of Lagunitas came from Chicago, St Louis, Memphis, Walker Creek, and the highlands of Quincy.
The Chicago contingent initiated the brewing and the gravitational effect of its suchness did the rest. We all loved the beer but the mission was larger than the ordinary joy of a hoppy-sweet quaff. It was driven unseen by an urge to communicate with people, to find our diasporidic tribe, and to connect with other souls adrift on a culture that had lost its center and spun its inhabitants to the four winds to wander lost and bereft with a longing to re-enter the light. Beer, we have learned, has always been a good lubricant for social intercourse!
The Lagunitas Brewing Co. was not so much an act of ordinary ‘foundling’ as it was willed into being by the unspoken desire of supportive beer-lovers in Northern California after which they continued to nurture their creation and urged us forward to fulfill the unifying needs of that same beer-loving diaspora from coast to coast and beyond. It is good to have friends!