- Location: Brooklyn, New York 11231
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Distributor
- Categories: Finance/Accounting
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
about this job
We are seeking a Director of Credit to manage the day to day collection efforts for a Metro NYC wholesaler. Qualified candidates must possess experience in collecting bad debts from retail accounts. This position is the primary position at the Company for managing credit risk. This individual will have direct interface with the company's Credit department, Controller, CFO and the Company's outside legal counsel.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Build positive, trusting relationships with customers, business unit management teams and sales organization.
- Evaluate and validate credit risk of existing and new customers.
- Define credit limits for existing and new customer database.
- Analyze trends in the customer AR portfolio to identify risk factors and predictors of future performance, including but not limited to evaluating credit reports.
- Negotiate weekly payment plans with delinquent customers, and ensure that payments are being made.
- Monitor industry and economic trends, to stay educated about general market conditions.
- Perform overdue account analysis, and document the collection status for all large delinquent accounts.
- Review the Company's accruals for bad debt, and determine when they should be increased or decreased based on market conditions.
- Calculate the company's annual bad debt write off.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Business Administration preferred.
- 7-10 years of management or supervisory experience in Credit or Collections
- Must be able to work well with others in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability in account analysis, problem solving, attention to detail, and writing of commentary and analytical summaries, is required.
- Excellent organization skills are required.
- Sound interpersonal skills are required, including written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency using electronic spreadsheets and word-processing software is needed, and experience with Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Experience with ERP systems such as Oracle, SAP a plus, but not required.
about Empire Merchants - THE CHARMER SUNBELT GROUP
Empire Merchants LLC is the premier wine and spirits distributor in the Metropolitan New York area with roots going back to the end of Prohibition. With more than 1,500 dedicated associates and state-of-the-art facilities, Empire Merchants LLC has become synonymous with both service and quality and has earned the loyalty of more than 12,000 area restaurants, bars, hotels, nightclubs, and retail outlets.
Empire Merchants LLC acts as a marketing agent for the brands that we represent and is proud to employ the most knowledgeable and well-equipped sales force in Metro New York.