- Location: Stamford, Connecticut 06901
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Importer
- Categories: Finance/Accounting
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: VP FP&A
- # of Direct Reports: 4
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits currently seeks a Director of Commercial Finance who possesses the below:
The primary responsibilities of this position are to be the financial chief of staff for the Zone SVPs and in supporting the sales organization in the management of profitability and financial analytics. The position will lead all financial planning activities of Zones as well as all financial measurement and tracking of distributor margins, market profitability and spending to include LBS, TMM funds, SPF and T&E. This role will be responsible for communicating results and serving as the main point of contact between VP of FP&A and the Zones. The position will also assist in providing leadership and expertise in the areas of business analysis and budget management. The Director of Commercial Finance will report to the Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Lead, manage and develop Commercial Finance team (5 direct reports)
- First point of contact for all questions related to Zone financial performance – requires regular communication and collaboration with SVPs, DVPs and FMs.
- Lead the coordination of all budgeting and planning activities within the Zones, including distributor financial commitment to DFWS brands.
- Management & development of financial tools and approaches for commercial finance. Ensuring consistency and simplicity of all financial tools [i.e. budgeting, planning and reporting].
- P&L Management – conduct regular P&L reviews, develop clear and actionable insights with the identification of risk& opportunities.
- Work with Zone SVP, DVPs and FMs in financial resource investment optimization across markets
- Review and track distributor margins
- Deliver Zone/Division level ad-hoc financial needs.
- Education: BS/BA degree in Finance/Accounting required, MBA Preferred
Minimum ten-twelve years of experience in financial analysis/planning with heavy experience in brand planning /profitability within a consumer products organization with a slant on commercial finance.
Wine and Spirits Industry experience preferred.
Outstanding leadership skills; ability to use influence to build consensus.
Must be adept at managing multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
Must be a self-motivated individual who has the ability to identify issues/opportunities for improvement and be proactive in addressing them.
Excellent management and employee training skills. Writing and verbal communication skills are critical.
Requires innovation to provide management with alternative solutions and recommendations.
Strong interpersonal skills to interface with senior managers and discuss issues and plans.
Advanced proficiency in Excel.
about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons, Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Bubbles, Peter Lehmann; California: Eppa SupraFruta Sangria, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Kunde Family Estate, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils, Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Spain: Mar De Frades, Cruz de Alba, and Ramon Bilbao Vinos Y Vinedo; Argentina: Ruta 22, and award-winning spirits from LUKSUSOWA Vodka (Poland), VILLA MASSA® Limoncello (Italy), LICOR 43® (Spain) and REDEMPTION Whiskey (U.S.A.).
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits at www.deutschfamily.com