- Location: Sacramento, California 94205
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Importer
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: VP Strategic Accounts West
- # of Direct Reports: 0
Position is responsible for the execution of national Deutsch Family Wine and Spirit strategies and account management for key strategic retail partners including Albertsons Companies, Trader Joe’s, Winco & Costco. The Director role collaborates with VP Strategic Accounts West, Divisional VP’s, RCM’s, RM’s, Customer Marketing, Category Development along with our distributor management organization in penetrating key decision makers. Owns the account development process through the execution of the retailer endearment plan along with execution of category management plans that drives profitable sales and market share growth for our strategic partners and for Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Identify and action opportunities to grow DFWS share of the total wine category
- Penetrate strategic accounts and develop collaborative plans to grow mutual market share faster than the remaining market
- Develop and implement category management strategies and capabilities that expands the DFWS portfolio
- Prioritize business development opportunities, identify levers for future growth, and develop a tactical plan to drive volume through:
Increased distribution, improved promotion effectiveness, or other tactics
- Ensure DFWS brands achieve programming goals including fair share or better of activity
- Collaborate with Regional Chain Manager and Regional Manager roles to penetrate key regional buyer decision makers to achieve our chain depletions, share, programming and distribution goals.
- Develop best in class customer relationships with key accounts
Ensure alignment of DFWS plans with key customer strategies, plans and goals
- Ensure appropriate execution tactics are in place to maximize effectiveness of our plans and programs
- Develop Top to Top relationships with Albertsons Companies, Trader Joes, Winco & Costco Corporately that serve as an enabler for plan delivery at the local level. Partner with the chain on a strategic first to market opportunity as a key component of the endearment plan.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure implementation of national retail strategies
Influence program development to support off-premise channel sales efforts, and provide direction on retail/channel strategies to the Marketing department
- Leverage the Customer Marketing role to develop unique or exclusive products/programs that support attainment of our profit goals and improve our endearment to our strategic partners.
- Build relationships with national and local wholesaler network to leverage relationships and ensure higher visibility of our portfolio with our retailers
- Monitor the retail environment and be the expert on trends and developments as it relates to key accounts, future growth, and new selling ideas
- Deliver Annual Volume Plan
- Manage account spending to budget assigned on a case rate basis
- Drive improved ROI on investment plans
- Manage travel and entertainment spend within budget and guidelines.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
Experience and Skills:
- 10-15 years calling on and developing strategy in the off-premise retail environment
- Beverage alcohol experience strongly preferred
- Proven experience leading and working with cross-functional teams.
- Must possess solid knowledge of Category Management with strong analytical skills
- Excellent relationship development skills; proven ability to influence
- Experienced manager; proven track record in ability to coach, lead and develop talent.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Driven and determined; passion for winning
Travel Requirements: approximately 50% travel
about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons, Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Bubbles, Peter Lehmann; California: Eppa SupraFruta Sangria, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Kunde Family Estate, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils, Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Spain: Mar De Frades, Cruz de Alba, and Ramon Bilbao Vinos Y Vinedo; Argentina: Ruta 22, and award-winning spirits from LUKSUSOWA Vodka (Poland), VILLA MASSA® Limoncello (Italy), LICOR 43® (Spain) and REDEMPTION Whiskey (U.S.A.).
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits at www.deutschfamily.com