- Location: Sonoma, California 95476
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Wine
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Director Low Lux/Fine Wine
- # of Direct Reports: 0
Are you an entrepreneurial, fine wine lover with the ability to educate, sell and build a direct to consumer business? Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits’ currently seeks a Direct Sales Manager who possesses the below.
One of the most exciting new jobs in the world of fine wines, this Direct Sales Manager will grow a winery mailing list, wine club, and online sales business, (2) act as a brand ambassador, educator and salesperson at events across the country.
Working on 2 fast-growing super premium wine brands, we are looking for an experienced direct to consumer entrepreneur who is passionate about wine, committed to growing a booming direct business, and with the experience to move quickly.
A Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Five or more years of experience in Wine Club Management/Administration
- Creative thinking and knowledge of how to gain loyalty from customers
- Strong sales acumen and drive to generate sales from multiple sources
- The ability to work well under pressure and independently
- The ability to provide top quality service and customer experiences
- Organizational skills; and ability to manage multiple tasks in a timely and professional manner; proven ability to meet or beat deadlines
- Ability to problem-solve and achieve good solutions to daily challenges
- Analytical capabilities and financial acumen to track and assess business drivers, and deliver quality reports using Excel, inventory management systems, and CRM;
- Advanced writing and communication skills with a polished, professional presentation
- Commitment to excellence and acute attention to detail
- Wine knowledge and familiarity with wine, food and tourism industry
- Knowledge of state wine shipping laws and regulations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Courteous and professional telephone manners
- The flexibility to work different schedules/hours when necessary
- A willingness to perform any other jobs and duties deemed necessary by management
- A professional demeanor and appearance
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 lbs
Drive exponential growth through new customer recruitment
- Grow Wine Club membership, developing promotional materials, offer letters and shipment schedules, monthly promotions, member events, transferring and tracking wines and member services
- Accountable for consumer database marketing and growth of E-commerce and Telesales business. Identify new, and optimize existing, consumer direct programs.
- Will contribute to social media and online strategies and execution for both brands, including content development and publication, regular news updates and delivery of dynamic content
- Manage a promotion, travel, and expense budget and provide input on product promotion calendar
- Provide excelling customer service and collaborate well with management, ownership, the PR & Marketing team, and national sales team as needed
- Providing consumers with best-in-class wine experiences, with attention to detail on all consumer-facing interactions and promotional materials, creativity in presenting brand messages and the wines to consumers, and a focus on upscale experiences
- This Job will be home based in Napa or Sonoma, CA
about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons, Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Bubbles, Peter Lehmann; California: Eppa SupraFruta Sangria, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Kunde Family Estate, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils, Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Spain: Mar De Frades, Cruz de Alba, and Ramon Bilbao Vinos Y Vinedo; Argentina: Ruta 22, and award-winning spirits from LUKSUSOWA Vodka (Poland), VILLA MASSA® Limoncello (Italy), LICOR 43® (Spain) and REDEMPTION Whiskey (U.S.A.).
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits at www.deutschfamily.com