- Location: Sacramento, California 94203
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Importer
- Categories: Sales
- Beverages: Alcoholic Beverages
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Director Customer Development
- # of Direct Reports: 0
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits’ currently seeks a Category Analyst who possesses the below. The Category Analyst position is a member of the Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits Strategic Accounts team supporting the sales efforts of the Director of Strategic Accounts and the Sr. Category Development Manager for our West Coast chains business. The position will work cross-functionally with the Sr. Category Development Manager and the Regional Chain Managers to provide fact based consumer and business insights for Beverage Alcohol categories and DFWS brands.
The primary responsibilities of this position include providing advanced analytics, shopper and consumer insights, and category recommendations to internal and external customers. Candidates should have the ability to identify insights and opportunities, report findings and make recommendations; develop effective and accurate reporting tools.
2-5 years as a Category Analyst within CPG
- Live on West Coast (CA, WA, OR)
- Experience working with Safeway and Kroger highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Understanding of Nielsen/IRI syndicated and Consumer Panel data
- Experience using Market6 and dunnhumby data preferred
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook required
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, math and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in data extraction, analysis, and presentation creation/delivery is a must
- Comfortable presenting ideas and concepts; ability to contribute in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to be a self-starter and take initiative/ownership of projects and see through to completion
- Knowledge of Beverage Alcohol Industry a plus
- Knowledge of planogramming process a plus
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 15% of the time
Complete analysis of data in support of Sales Management and Customer. Report findings, opportunities, and recommendations
- Integrates data from multiple resources (Nielsen, Market6, dunnhumby) to develop actionable insights and recommendations
- Create fact based selling stories for presentations to buyers; deliver and participate in customer appointments and presentations
- Develop and implement monthly retail category scorecards (new item tracking, pricing, distribution, and post-promotion analyses)
- Share best practices, insights, learnings within DFWS Category Development Team
about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons, Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Bubbles, Peter Lehmann; California: Eppa SupraFruta Sangria, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Kunde Family Estate, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils, Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Spain: Mar De Frades, Cruz de Alba, and Ramon Bilbao Vinos Y Vinedo; Argentina: Ruta 22, and award-winning spirits from LUKSUSOWA Vodka (Poland), VILLA MASSA® Limoncello (Italy), LICOR 43® (Spain) and REDEMPTION Whiskey (U.S.A.).
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits at www.deutschfamily.com