- Location: Stamford, Connecticut 06901
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Marketing
- Beverages: Wine
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: Director Low Lux Fine Wine
- # of Direct Reports: 1
The Brand Manager (BM) will function as the brand champion with P&L responsibility. The BM will be responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of all strategic and tactical consumer-marketing activities to enhance the growth and profitability of their brand(s). BM’s are expected to be able to operate with significant autonomy yet still have influence with functions and entities that work closely with the brand team.
- Responsible for development and execution of strategic and annual marketing plans which address all aspects of the marketing mix including P&L’s, pricing, packaging, advertising, promotion, public relations, digital marketing, market research, and new product development
- Shared responsibility for the delivery of volume, share and profit objectives consistent with overall brand strategy
- Build premium consumer/trade equity for the brand through the design and execution of consumer and trade strategies including advertising, promotion, public relations, digital marketing and special events
- Work closely with Sales to identify opportunities to expand the business in existing channels of trade
- Manage all outside agency initiatives in support of the brand’s business objectives to include promotion agency and advertising, digital and public relations agencies if applicable
- Ensure accurate and timely forecasting, develop monthly updates, and provide analysis and recommendations when sales vary from forecast. Tracks warehouse inventory
- Interface on a consistent basis with Sales, Finance, and Operations to rapidly identify problems/opportunities and take appropriate action as warranted
- Be primary point of contact with overseas suppliers
- Interface with Senior Management/Executives
- Represent brand at trade functions and consumer events
BS/BA degree in Marketing, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years in consumer goods marketing at top-tier marketer or agency; wine, spirits or food / beverage marketing experience a strong plus
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, multi-faceted business environment
- Experience with public relations and digital marketing is desirable
- Strong strategic, analytical and decision making skills
Ability to take initiative, develop and seek out creative and innovative ideas
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Must have the confidence and ability to effectively interface at all levels within the organization and outside the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Experience marketing to the “Millennial” consumer preferred
about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons, Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Bubbles, Peter Lehmann; California: Eppa SupraFruta Sangria, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Kunde Family Estate, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils, Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Spain: Mar De Frades, Cruz de Alba, and Ramon Bilbao Vinos Y Vinedo; Argentina: Ruta 22, and award-winning spirits from LUKSUSOWA Vodka (Poland), VILLA MASSA® Limoncello (Italy), LICOR 43® (Spain) and REDEMPTION Whiskey (U.S.A.).
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more about Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits at www.deutschfamily.com