- Location: Glen Allen, Virginia 23060
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Distributor
- Categories: Marketing
- Beverages: Wine
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
The Winebow Group a global leader of fine wine and spirits, with offices in New York, New Jersey, and Virginia is seeking a qualified professional with a proven track record to Join our Brand Management Team, based in Glen Allen, VA.
This individual will serve as the primary liaison between The Winebow Group‘s Sales division and our suppliers.
- Along with the VP of Portfolio Management, develops a strategic plan to maximize the distribution and marketing of the suppliers in their portfolio throughout all markets within the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Works with suppliers to create and implement sales plans at least once per year.
- Provides data and analysis to VP of Portfolio Management and sales leadership on a regular basis to include possible new items, discontinued items and correct inventory levels.
- Develops overall brand strategy by effectively using internal data, market research and competitive intelligence
- Works with leaders of sales team to ensure that brand strategy is translated to marketplace activities that drive sales and profits.
- Item level maintenance including pricing, inventory management and allocation management.
- Develops strong relationship and communication with assigned suppliers including follow up as needed.
- Provides appropriate brand training to sales force including presentations and marketing material
- Possess Comprehensive product category knowledge with ability to learn product specific attributes to represent portfolio.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
- Arrives to work, appointments, meetings, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Marketing preferred.
- Minimum three years experience in sales and/or marketing.
- Minimum three years of experience in the wine industry.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office software, most importantly, excel.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
- Supplier/Distribution experience preferred.
about The Winebow Group
The Winebow Group comprises national importer and distribution houses that offer comprehensive portfolios of fine wine and spirits from around the world.
The company represents some of the most established, family-owned properties in prominent growing areas, as well as a new generation of winemakers and distillers who are dedicated to innovation and quality.
Led by President and CEO David Townsend, The Winebow Group was created in 2014 with the merger of two prominent industry forces, The Vintner Group and Winebow. Both companies were founded in 1980, grew significantly in recent years, and shared a common culture based on passion, knowledge and outstanding customer service.
By bringing together the best resources and the best practices of each company, The Winebow Group’s financial strength, operational expertise, extended reach, and focus on education provide a unique platform and an unprecedented level of service in the fine wine and spirits sector.
The concept behind The Winebow Group name reflects the coming together of The Vintner Group and Winebow to create a new, unified identity. While the name maintains the legacy of Winebow, it also communicates the concept behind The Vintner Group of bringing together a variety of entities to form a larger group that shares core values and practices.